Author Topic: S 39 Finish  (Read 2163 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: S 39 Finish
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2017, 04:23:03 PM »
That screw seems to be the one in the center, number six from either side, so did Metuchen use a screw in the middle to hang the rear valence as well as either end and would therefor all three would be painted?
Did Metuchen use phosphated round washer head screws? I think that answer is yes, time period specific.
Jim

NJ and Dearborn installed all of the mounting screws at one time - prior to painting the car. Just left it hanging and pulled the bottom into the car at the bottom after body color was applied at all three plants

Types of screws changed during different time periods at San Jose during 65 and 66 production. Don't have as much info (nor enough examples reflecting the full year)  on the exact screws used through out their building of the early cars there

Looking at what I do have I see regular pan head screws being used on late cars  6TC243575 plus range while I do have an example in the early months of production, 6T1100xxx range, with screws similar to what the poster has in that center location
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)