Author Topic: 66 Wiper arm suggestions  (Read 949 times)

Offline rrenz

66 Wiper arm suggestions
« on: October 23, 2017, 08:33:57 PM »
Im looking to see if anyone has a opinion on who makes the best reproduction wiper arm. I have never really payed much attention to a original satin wiper arm in person to compare. I purchased a set of Daniel Carpenter arms earlier this year and couldn't bring myself to put them on the car. They looked "too Satin" , More like a silver/grey painted finish. From pictures I've seen the originals had more of a "metallic shine" to them than these do. Ive since put a NOS set of trico blades on and would possibly like to put the correct arms on although it will be hard to let go of my polished set..
Ryan
1966 C Code NJ Springtime Yellow
C-4 Automatic
Build Date Jan 21st
2001 3.8 Mustang Convertible
2004 40th Anniversary

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: 66 Wiper arm suggestions
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 09:44:02 PM »
Im looking to see if anyone has a opinion on who makes the best reproduction wiper arm. I have never really payed much attention to a original satin wiper arm in person to compare. I purchased a set of Daniel Carpenter arms earlier this year and couldn't bring myself to put them on the car. They looked "too Satin" , More like a silver/grey painted finish. From pictures I've seen the originals had more of a "metallic shine" to them than these do. Ive since put a NOS set of trico blades on and would possibly like to put the correct arms on although it will be hard to let go of my polished set..
The repro arms that are made most closely after the later 68-70 style. They just lumped in the 66 ,67 and early 68 style too. For most accurate arms it is best to find a nice original set.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 09:49:14 PM »
FYI depending on when your car was built and where may determine that the NOS wiper blades you picture are too late for your car. There was a earlier satin style.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Scott302

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 10:35:10 AM »
The correct style 66-67 arm with a chrome flanged cap and polished stainless arms is available.  We sell it under part number 17526-2B
Regards,
Scott
Scott Halseth
Ford Product Manager
National Parts Depot
MCA#01776

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 10:53:19 AM »
The correct style 66-67 arm with a chrome flanged cap and polished stainless arms is available.  We sell it under part number 17526-2B
Regards,
Scott
Scott, the chrome arm is 65 only.

Offline rocket289k

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 04:07:04 PM »
1965 "A" Code 289 Mustang GT - Planned Build Date July 19 / Bucked July 21 Metuchen / Factory AC & PS / C4 Auto / 3.00 open