Author Topic: Approaching the Big 40................... Well 4,000  (Read 1606 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Approaching the Big 40................... Well 4,000
« on: October 21, 2017, 08:00:04 PM »
Not sure if anyone cares or has been following our membership numbers, but we are currently less than 50 members away from reaching 4,000 members on this site after just barely six eight short years. 

When we started this place we figured we thought we might get 50 of our friends to join. If we did that, we would have a place to discuss and share all the finer details and oddities that we had been discussing in person, during phone calls, through emails or newsgroups with one another.  Turned out we had one hundred members or so within a month of the site’s opening day.

Since that day, membership has grown at a steady rate as well as the number of non-member viewers .  It’s not unusual to see the members online to lurkers ratio at  5 or 6 to one at any given time. As I write this on a Friday night (9pm PT) there are 3 members logged on, must be a date night and 28 others viewing the site. The other specialty sites had 10, 7, 3 and one member(s) online so it was a light moment in time.  So our comments, discussions and details are being shared with allot of owners and builders we may never meet or may never become members.

Other than our personal choice – Why start another site? At the inception we realized that there were a number of sites that catered to specific, special or well defined models of Mustang and Shelby’s and they provided a great service for their members and many of us were also members there.  But the thought was that  there was no  bridge between the information shared on one with another. At the same time the vast majority of Mustangs being restored and owned  didn’t fall into these identified  categories so they were left to fend for themselves in the larger general Mustang forums.  Since there is allot more details that all of these cars share together than the differences that make them different, it just made sense to build a site that could bridge this gap and even dig a little deeper if need be.

In addition to this we felt the site would not be complete without the historical, production trends/patterns and other details seemed to not get coverage at many of the other sites since they had their specific focus and for many of their members it wasn’t that important.

I could go on and mention all the wonderful and valuable sections as well as information that has been shared and given freely for the good of all, but your all members and you know what’s here all ready. Like any undertaking, it takes everyone to make an endeavor such as this, a success, so each of you shares in the value and  accomplishments of this site so thanks.

While I have your attention We would also like to take this opportunity to thank all that have and continue to support this site financially. You each choose to take the next step beyond just participating in the discussions and we thank you for that.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 12:59:26 AM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: Approaching the Big 40................... Well 4,000
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 11:13:00 PM »
Correction, CMF was 8 years old this past July  ;)  ;)

I'm also humbled by the number of registrations and more importantly by the continued participation of all.

Thanks!
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 07:13:06 PM »
We reached this milestone today with timzsaleen being the 4000th member.

Welcome to him and all the new members and onward to 5,000   8)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline mikeljgt500kr

• 1964 1/2 K code coupe and 2022 GT500 HE
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 07:21:36 PM »
Congratulations!  Well deserved membership increases for one of the best concours sites on the web!
I don't always downshift, but when I do it is near a Prius so they can hear me hurting the environment.

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 10:07:04 PM »
Woohoo!

Thanks to all!!
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline markb0729

• South Jersey
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 01:30:37 AM »
I love this site.  Many thanks to all that have contributed.  The knowledge and help members have provided is priceless. 
65 Dearborn Built Fastback
Approximate Build Date, September 2, 1964
289 4V, C4, PS, PB, No A/C

Offline Skyway65

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 09:40:28 AM »
Invaluable information and interesting topics-thank you to all who participate.
Gary Schweitzer
MCA #00181
Traverse City, MI

"A work of art in the form of a Mustang"

Offline Hawkeye

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 11:55:23 AM »
Thanks to all for their knowledge and assistance.  My car will never be "concours", but it's nice to have the right details on the things that I can.