Author Topic: Heater box diffuser  (Read 935 times)

Offline sfltjed@302

Heater box diffuser
« on: November 19, 2017, 05:05:20 PM »
I have a 70 Dearborn Boss 302, build date 12-1-69. The heater box diffuser has come loose from the top mounting point. I'm only guessing as there is no hole in the box at that location but would appear that there was once upon a time, a pin protruding from the box that the top mounting hole slide onto. Mine has two "push pins" holding the bottom of the diffuser in place.  Anyone have a photo of the heater box that would show that area? Thanks in advance!

Offline kammertime

Re: Heater box diffuser
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 08:56:59 PM »
I noticed today that I may have the same problem. I thought there was a small nipple on the main heater box that the upper hole just slid over to hold it in place. I don't know what the length of that nipple should be but mine is just about flush. I can't tell if it broke off or was made that way.

Where can I buy the "scissor" push pins that go in the bottom 2 holes ? I don't see them in the NPD catalog.

Thanks,
John

Offline Vcode

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 09:40:41 PM »
AMK lists a 1969-70 Heater Box Duct Rivet in their catalog.
In the 2014 catalog it's on pg 163 Part # B-13181
It looks different than the push pin.

Offline sfltjed@302

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 04:42:33 PM »
Thanks Guys, Sorry I have been so slow to respond. First the holidays, then a warm weather vacation, etc. Now it's time to move my Boss from Silver to a Gold level!