Author Topic: 69/70 shelby Rear fastbacks back seat side panel courtesy light assy  (Read 1368 times)

Offline VikingNJ

Did all 69-70 shelbys fastbacks have two courtesy light on either side. Typically all got qtr sail panel courtesy. I recently noticed a few shelbys had courtesy light down on the front facing surface of inner quarter panel panel. Was it factory, dealer installed or self installed after the fact? Was it done on early 69 shelbys up to a date. My 70 350 does only have courtesy light in the typical qtr sail panel. I will check to make sure either way. Just curious that's all. I can supply a photo if needed.
Thanks,
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 11:18:29 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline 69GT350H

• 1 of 10 Hertz Rentals from Miami Int Airport
    • RedsHost is my private forum and photo gallery site
Re: 69/70 shelby Rear fastback back seat side panel courtesy light assy
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 07:08:18 PM »
I thought the light on the lower inner quarter was only for convertibles as they do not have the sale panels to mount the lights on? My 69 GT350 FB only has the one pair in the upper sail panels, and I have not seen any other 69/70 fastbacks with them in the lower location.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 11:18:17 PM by J_Speegle »
Accurate looking but not a Concours Restoration/build. See my build photo gallery at 69GT350 Hertz Build

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 69/70 shelby Rear fastbacks back seat side panel courtesy light assy
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 11:27:26 PM »
Early 69 production thing for fastbacks

Dropped from production pretty quickly

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline VikingNJ

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 09:45:14 AM »
Jeff,
Thanks. Make sense since the photos of shelbys i was looking at were s/n less than hundred. One thing to note the wiring diagrams in the shelby supplement include those courtesy lights.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 04:18:57 PM »
Jeff,
Thanks. Make sense since the photos of shelbys i was looking at were s/n less than hundred. One thing to note the wiring diagrams in the shelby supplement include those courtesy lights.

As one would expect since those were produced ahead of time so they could be out for service needs.  But this can sometimes cause issues since they don't always reflect how the cars were built
Jeff Speegle

Offline VikingNJ

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 10:06:21 AM »
Jeff,
Those supplements for shelbys, did they have multiple editions or just one? Like you said you can be confused since I have found quite a few drawing errors, nothing major.
Thanks again for your insight and help
Nils

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 03:06:23 PM »
Don't know for sure .... as I've never used them during a build. Always had friends to call or real cars to use as a guide for issues

I think there was only one variation but again only stated as a guess at this point 
Jeff Speegle

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 03:32:35 PM »
Jeff,
Those supplements for shelbys, did they have multiple editions or just one? Like you said you can be confused since I have found quite a few drawing errors, nothing major.
Thanks again for your insight and help
Nils
There is only one version of the Shelby supplement to the 69 shop manual. There are two different printings that are slightly different color paper covers but the information within is the same.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

That is a neat light. never saw one of those before. Learn something new everyday I guess.