Author Topic: Cleaning old glass  (Read 2458 times)

Offline 68 S Code

Cleaning old glass
« on: February 14, 2011, 12:42:39 PM »
Just passing along a little triuck I found yesterday. i was replacing some door glass and found the replacement to be cloudy with decades of dirt right above where the weatherstripping had been. Tries windex, laquer thinner and lots of elbow grease. Nothing helped. I moved onto polishing the vent window stainless steel trim with Mothers Mag Wheel paste and guess what...it took the cloudy stain away at the edge where the stainless and glass came together. Went back to the big door glass and it cleaned it up perfectly. Glass now looks brand new. Hope this helps someone out there.   

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: Cleaning old glass
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 01:08:48 PM »
I use that stuff on lots of things, works great.  Also used it on glass and had the same results you did.  Of course, won't get out scratches, but does help get off water marks and dirt.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline 68 S Code

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 10:32:24 PM »
Wish there was a magic product to remove scratches in glass. Couple of nasty scratches in one of the sun x door windows.

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 01:18:58 AM »
I found a place here locally that will buff tempered glass, but it's pretty expensive.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 09:01:51 AM »
I found a place here locally that will buff tempered glass, but it's pretty expensive.

Dug put an archive, found this when looking for solutions to scratched chrome. Having seen this thread while researching, I thought this may help others.

GlassRenu Scratched glass repairs. CAUTION: If "fingernails on a chalkboard" bothers you, turn the sound down as the demonstrators will scratch the glass with several forms at the beginning of the video  ;D

Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments