Author Topic: '65 front parking/turn signal lenses  (Read 1646 times)

Offline mts

'65 front parking/turn signal lenses
« on: January 13, 2012, 03:58:42 PM »
Were the front amber marker lights that came from the factory frosted on the outer surface? 

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: '65 front parking/turn signal lenses
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 04:51:11 PM »
Were the front amber marker lights that came from the factory frosted on the outer surface?

Nope, they were smooth.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 08:05:55 PM »
Try Meguiar's PlastX cleaner and polisher. You will have to do it manually (no cloth wheel attached to you electric drill), but it will keep you semi-occupied during the NFL playoffs.
Go '9ers.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 09:52:27 PM »
The plastic polish is good but for me its often too fine to start out with. Instead I start with Semi-Chrome polish (people use this for polishing the clear head light covers on newer cars)  then finish with the fine stuff

Gave up on toothpaste for this task once I found that Semi-chrome worked better ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 11:43:08 PM »
I gave a set to a neighbor who used the Meguilar's on the plastic covers of his Kia. As he is not mobile, I also gave him a couple of .50 Browning shells to polish. Got to keep us 'Vets' busy.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.