Author Topic: 68-69 single crimp brake hoses NOW AVAILABLE!  (Read 1995 times)

Offline 69bossnut

• DSD Restorations LLC
68-69 single crimp brake hoses NOW AVAILABLE!
« on: October 16, 2012, 12:09:51 PM »
Alrighty guys,
I finally have the 68/69 Mustang single crimp front disc brake & rear 31 spline axle (built prior to 6/1/69) brake hoses ready. The current hose that is ready will fit any 69 31 spline car. But after 6/1/69 the hose was changed slightly. It was about an 1/8" longer & the fitting that hooks into the bracket on the body was turned 90deg counter clockwise. The rear 69 31 axle hose for car built after 6/1/69 will be available very soon. On the 68 rear hose it is only correct for 68.5 & GT500 KR w/4 speed (other hose that is correct for 67-69 auto cars & 28 spline axle is in progress). Once ordered is placed & I have your info from your original hoses, if your originals are gone or unreadable I can stamp them based on your cars build date. I will stamp them with the correct info. I have several stamps for the hose dates but there may be some that I don't & will have to order. But I can have in 7-10 days.
You can go to www.dsdrestorationsllc.com click on the products & services page. That will take you to the online store. There are some other items there that may interest you as well.
You can view some more detailed pictures on the photo gallery tab on the website. There is also a link to the photo gallery in each items description area. Also when ordering the brake hoses you will need to add the Liability Waiver Terms & Agreement to your cart. It is the item just below the brake hoses. You can click on the link to view Waiver.
It should be pretty self explanatory to order the items needed. If you have any questions or problems please give me a call or shoot me an email. 

One other side note 70 year model samples have been approved & will be made shortly.
Also having made is the bracket that mounts on top of the hose axle bracket. Original sample has been sent for quote. So will be a few months out on that piece.

Thanks,
David Davis
DSD Restorations LLC.
5075 E. County Rd. 126
Blytheville AR. 72315
dsdrest@gmail.com
www.dsdrestorationsllc.com
870-780-4999
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 01:00:06 PM by 69bossnut »
DAVID DAVIS
DSD RESTORATIONS LLC
5075 E. COUNTY RD. 126
BLYTHEVILLE, AR. 72315
870-780-4999
dsdresto@gmail.com
www.dsdrestoration.com

Offline 69bossnut

• DSD Restorations LLC
Re: 68-69 single crimp brake hoses NOW AVAILABLE!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 02:43:34 PM »
Guys
I have had some questions regarding the liability waiver & quality of the hoses. These hoses are pressure tested at time of manufacture. All materials are of today’s standards. But due to the single style crimp cannot be sold as DOT approved hoses. That is why they are listed as “OFF ROAD OR SHOW ONLY HOSES”. What you choose to use them for is up to you & that is the reason for the liability waiver.

These hoses were made because there was a lot of interest from some owners & restorers so they would have a period correct brake hose as an alternative option. These hoses are in my opinion as safe as the originals were, using the single crimp style. I also believe they are much safer than using a 40+ year old NOS hose, or trying to cleanup/restore a used original 40+ year old hose as many are.

I fully understand the safety concerns for those that drive their cars. For myself & the level of restorations that I try to achieve, as many of you do also. This period correct piece is a nice finishing touch to that restoration that we all go crazy over, to make every little detail as close to original as possible.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated or if anyone has any questions please fill free to call me or send an email.
Thanks for the use of the space.
DAVID DAVIS
DSD RESTORATIONS LLC
5075 E. COUNTY RD. 126
BLYTHEVILLE, AR. 72315
870-780-4999
dsdresto@gmail.com
www.dsdrestoration.com