Author Topic: Amber is home at last!  (Read 1916 times)

Offline 34isgreat

Amber is home at last!
« on: October 12, 2014, 04:07:23 PM »
 Well after 3 months of waiting, my Mustang is back home, I think it turned out looking good as new.

Offline Skyway65

• Gold Level Subscriber
Re: Amber is home at last!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 06:16:27 PM »
Looking good--are those Dynacorn panels?  I'm getting close to having my damage repaired as well.
Gary Schweitzer
MCA #00181
Traverse City, MI

"A work of art in the form of a Mustang"

Offline 34isgreat

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 07:05:00 PM »
 I don't think so, I got then from NPD, cheep import parts I think. Fit was good.

Offline 69bossnine

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 10:13:17 AM »
Our current sourcing for 67-68 quarters and tail panels is Golden Legion (Taiwan), who works in partnership with YW (Yeou Wei) for most of the larger panels. We feel they are the best toolings available currently.

"Dynacorn panels" are commonly misunderstood. They import from Taiwan, just as we do. It's all made in Taiwan. The challenge (for us) is to source to the best tooling/factory available for each specific part. For item X, we might differ in our sourcing from Dynacorn. For item Y, we might carry the very same part that we're buying out of the very same tooling/factory as Dynacorn. Instead of exploiting hobbyists perceptions that a certain single "brand" is somehow upscale, we go our own way, sourcing based upon our own standards and opinions.

So don't be confused by brand marketing and logos on boxes. A small percentage of it is indeed exclusive, and for those items (when the quality dictates) we source to Dynacorn, or AMD, or Goodmark. Because they have the exclusive agreement, and we can't buy those items direct. But for the vast majority of parts, we have access to all of it direct. And that makes the whole brand-name-game that's played here in U.S. marketing a real puzzle...

Rick
NPD

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 10:55:13 AM »
Well after 3 months of waiting, my Mustang is back home, I think it turned out looking good as new.

Yes, we can be hard to please when "somebody else" does our work. I am happy it meets your (our) expectations.
Our current sourcing for 67-68 quarters and tail panels is Golden Legion (Taiwan), who works in partnership with YW (Yeou Wei) for most of the larger panels. We feel they are the best toolings available currently.

"Dynacorn panels" are commonly misunderstood. They import from Taiwan, just as we do. It's all made in Taiwan. The challenge (for us) is to source to the best tooling/factory available for each specific part. For item X, we might differ in our sourcing from Dynacorn. For item Y, we might carry the very same part that we're buying out of the very same tooling/factory as Dynacorn. Instead of exploiting hobbyists perceptions that a certain single "brand" is somehow upscale, we go our own way, sourcing based upon our own standards and opinions.

So don't be confused by brand marketing and logos on boxes. A small percentage of it is indeed exclusive, and for those items (when the quality dictates) we source to Dynacorn, or AMD, or Goodmark. Because they have the exclusive agreement, and we can't buy those items direct. But for the vast majority of parts, we have access to all of it direct. And that makes the whole brand-name-game that's played here in U.S. marketing a real puzzle...

Rick
NPD

This is always good to know. I pretty much understood this since I am in the retail end of general repair items at my Auto Repair garage, but it is comforting to hear it from a major supplier to the hobby of restoration too.

Thanks Rick!
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline Hipo giddyup

• There is no end to doing right. Giddyup!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 06:07:56 PM »
Good info to digest and glad to hear that both of these cars will be on the road soon!!!
1967 Springtime Yellow Coupe, 289 2v 3spd, Metuchen built, Nov. 17th 66'
1966 Sahara Beige Coupe, 289 2v 3spd, Dearborn built, July 21st 66'
1964 1/2 Pagoda Green Coupe, 260 2v 3spd, Dearborn built, June 30th 64'
1966 GT350 Fastback clone, 289 HiPo, 725cfm Holley, 4spd, SanJose built, Nov 25th 65'