Author Topic: Where to buy a carpet?  (Read 12610 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Where to buy a carpet?
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2014, 01:14:19 AM »
............ Did anybody have a satisfactory result replacing the carpets in a 69/70 Mustang?.......

Yes - after a few send backs
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline bryancobb

• Silver Level Subscriber
  • 2009 Ridn' Around
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2014, 06:15:18 AM »
I have tried several times (unsuccessfully) to persuade David MacNeil, the guy who does the super-fitting Weather-Tech floor mats, to get into high-grade custom fit carpet.  It's a 100% Made in USA company and he has perfected the laser-measure to 3d model process.  In my opinion, he would be our best gamble for for what we are looking for.

This guy is one of my true American Heroes and I don't use that word often. 

I would suspect that a retro-fit carpet division would generate as much revenue for him as his truck/suv molded mat division.

http://assets.weathertech.com/assets/1/7/what_matters_to_you_1212.pdf
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 06:24:23 AM by bryancobb »
66 Metuch Conv
Nightmist, Std Blu Int
6T08C223904    76A       K         22       15c     21      6        6
                      BODY  COLOR   TRIM    DATE   DSO   AXLE  XMSN
   C/O  785                                   (rotation #)
   16    C14   6T08C223904        (weld bay 16, bucked MAR 14)

Offline 5F08KGT

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2014, 12:01:59 AM »
I have tried several times (unsuccessfully) to persuade David MacNeil, the guy who does the super-fitting Weather-Tech floor mats, to get into high-grade custom fit carpet.  It's a 100% Made in USA company and he has perfected the laser-measure to 3d model process.  In my opinion, he would be our best gamble for for what we are looking for.

I would suspect that a retro-fit carpet division would generate as much revenue for him as his truck/suv molded mat division.

Plus 1   big fan of Weathertech!!

Offline carm

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2014, 12:18:58 AM »

+1 Weathertech. Love your children, buy American. Carm.
1969 GT350 convertible grabber orange
Auto
Built: April 21,1969. Dearborn

Offline tobkob

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2014, 11:00:53 PM »
After seeing several cars with the thin replacement carpet and reading here about everyone's experiences, I  decided to put factory carpet back in my 69 GT350. The carpet has cleaned up alright but I need some tips on cleaning the orange sewn in mats. They have a few very small stains and just have a slight overall dingy look. I know someone on this forum has a magic trick or two to share. I have tried Bleach White, Fantastic, Tuff Stuff and Blue Magic carpet cleaners and they just don't look as good as I would like.

Thanks TOB
1969 (04/07/69) GT350 owned since 1970. Only owner since Hertz.

Offline 5F08KGT

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2014, 08:48:42 AM »
You might try using some Soft Scrub (with bleach in it-marked on the label) on the red sewn in mats only.....be careful of the actual carpet.

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2014, 02:09:19 PM »
I'd wipe it with lacquer thinner and if that didn't clean it, would use some plastic spray dye.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline blue9450

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2014, 12:59:46 PM »
I just installed an ACC mass back carpet in my 1965 convertible.  I put new factory underlayment underneath and the fit is very nice.

Offline ChrisV289

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2014, 03:10:32 PM »
I just installed my carpet over this past weekend. Black ACC carpet for a 64 1/2 coupe. It was a special order through VA Mustang as it was coming directly from the factory. (64 1/2 only cover to the rockers not up and over like later 65/66's and up years. I have installed several sets of carpet over the years and I believe they have always been ACC. The one issue I noted from a few years back was that they faded quickly from black to brown due to sun exposure, (over the trans hump and,, my fastbacks rear fold down turned brown the quickest in about 1 year.) I am still very pleased with the quality and fit  with this last purchase. One thing I noticed is that the center hole for the shifter was not cut out. This was not the case before.. not a big issue now as I had the shifter out ahead of time. Had no issues otherwise. I have never done a 64 1/2 before but the sewn edges look correct to me?? The attached pic was after I marked for the console install. Hope they line up when I place it back for final assembly! Anyway, the carpet looks dark brown but it is indeed a rich black. Must have been the flash.

How did the 64.5 carpet fit?  I plan on ordering a kit soon for my early 65 FB and decided to go with the ivy gold color since that is the best choice so far.  Any issues with the fit along the edges?  I ordered the vinyl from SMS fabrics up in Oregon as the ivy gold color they had matched perfectly compared to what other places had...
Chris
1965 Honey Gold Fastback (SJ 10/29/64)
1965 Caspian Blue Fastback (SJ 06/03/65)
2009 V6 Mustang Coupe

Offline kcodecoupe

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2014, 01:01:27 PM »
I am also looking for a good carpet for my 70 B2 black standard int,i have seen the mass backed ones that npd has ,any comments are welcome thanks, chuck.

Offline rockhouse66

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2014, 07:11:00 PM »
Has anyone tried the ones sold by Mr. Mustang?  I saw a set in Columbus and they are so molded that they literally stand up on their own, and the weave appeared nice and tight (no light showing through!).  The one they had on display was I think a '70 and had the toe pad which I believe is incorrect.....??
Jim
'66 GT FB

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2014, 07:35:34 PM »
.............  The one they had on display was I think a '70 and had the toe pad which I believe is incorrect.....??

Correct
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2014, 07:57:45 PM »
i saw that also. it was Trim Parts brand. it looked good as you say. i don't know if ACC also owns them. i hope not.
5F09C331248