Author Topic: 1970 metuchen tail panel corners blackout paint line  (Read 1852 times)

Offline kcodecoupe

1970 metuchen tail panel corners blackout paint line
« on: April 04, 2014, 09:06:18 AM »
I did a search for the tail panel trunk opening blackout paint line for a january or close to that metuchen built 70 boss 302 to see if the bottom corners have the same angle at the top corners on the body not the trunk lid and have sen two different paterns , is there a picture of a original paint metuchen car with the trunk lid open to see all four corners of the trunk opening , thanks for the help,  chuck.

Offline fla2005

Re: 1970 metuchen tail panel corners blackout paint line
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 03:36:53 PM »
Maybe this info from John Craft's book " Boss & Cobra Jet Mustangs" will help although the picture on page 75 doesn't show a full trunk opening. " The rear panel black out treatment on Metuchen cars was tapered at the top but stepped at the bottom in 1970." " Dearborn cars featured black out paint treatment that was tapered both top and bottom".

My Boss was built at Metuchen in November, 1969, and I followed the illustration when doing the black out treatment.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 07:56:59 PM »
Here you go -

Note for others did find a different pattern on a very early car but that does not apply to this request ;)

0T02G1292xx - Looks like someone has been here with a black rattle can

0T02G1285xx

A couple to show some of the light overspray in the trunk area on this example

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline kcodecoupe

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 07:40:14 AM »
Thank you both for the reply and the pictures ,