Author Topic: 70 Boss rear housing paint mark at brake line mount  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Badgas6228

70 Boss rear housing paint mark at brake line mount
« on: June 20, 2022, 01:19:13 AM »
Hello, The brake line mount on left side housing, There's a paint line or greese pencil mark where the Rockford bolt holds the brake line bracket to housing. In the Perkins  article  I read it said it helped the assy guys on the line fit the pieces  or find the hole.says it's a blue/green color, it's kinda a run of paint I'm guessing, Any one know what color  and is a paint or greese pencil. I have a few color pics but that part very small hard to tell. Thanks Greg  Seattle  70  G O Boss 302 RESTORATION  80% Done

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 70 Boss rear housing paint mark at brake line mount
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2022, 01:35:58 AM »
So this is on top of the housing on the drivers side.

Like most color markings/daubs they were applied to speed up the process of building and assembling the car or subassemblies like rearends at the Sterling Plant

Color often varied. In the examples below the color appears to be lighter hunter green to teal to a brighter strong blue. The color used does not relate to the application.

As you can see that on housings with the brake junction/distribution block and a separate vent they applied two such marks where on others with a single hole they applied only one

Hope this helps
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Badgas6228

Re: 70 Boss rear housing paint mark at brake line mount
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2022, 09:55:38 PM »
Thank you Jeff, I was on the right track, I have a few pics I took on tear down but a very small sample. Kinda of a light teal and it ran to the bottom of the housing. Thanks again.  Greg  Seattle