Author Topic: 1969 Manual Radio Antenna  (Read 1242 times)

Offline 9F94M567042

1969 Manual Radio Antenna
« on: August 29, 2015, 12:13:30 AM »
Hello All,

I am seeking a radio antenna for a 1969 Mercury Cougar. Should be ford part number C5AZ-18813-R. This was superseded by part number D3AZ-18813-C (Nov. '75), but the mounting for that part is wrong for my application.
Also still seeking a engine identification tag for a 351W 4V Auto, Built April 69 Dearborn

Thanks

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 1969 Manual Radio Antenna
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 05:16:35 PM »
Finding the correct (matching dates, change levels ...) engine label - might just choose to have Kevin Marti make a new one up for you

As for the antenna - if its like the Mustang one do some more home work - Lots of discussions in the past about just not part numbers but original features and style

IMHO start here

http://www.anghelrestorations.com/uploads/3/1/7/6/3176630/antennas_v1.1.pdf
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 9F94M567042

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 08:13:28 PM »
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the info. I just read the info that Marcus did on antennas. Very helpful. Am I correct on the parts numbers? I'm going by what the MPC states.
As far as the engine tag goes, I know Kevin Marti can reproduce it but I was hoping to find an original. There has to be some that still exist don't you think? :-[

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 08:28:15 PM »
Thanks for the info. I just read the info that Marcus did on antennas. Very helpful. Am I correct on the parts numbers? I'm going by what the MPC states.

Believe that will just give you the service replacements and guessing you might be looking at the 75 version.  Looks like they carried that one as a pretty generic application. It's listed for a fair number of applications Seen a fair number of fake NOS antenna and packaging over the years so be careful

Don't have a 69 MPC but it is interesting that in 68 (copy I have handy) Ford didn't even list a Mustang antenna available for purchase under that base number (was looking to see what the C5AZ was used for earlier of anything)

As far as the engine tag goes, I know Kevin Marti can reproduce it but I was hoping to find an original. There has to be some that still exist don't you think? :-[

Yes one is out there somewhere :)

Just have to hope it doesn't go in the trash- a possible spot unless the guy is a tag collector

Good luck
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)