Author Topic: 2018 Boss Nationals Marysville KS Sept 7th, 8th, 9th  (Read 2459 times)

Offline svo2scj

• Car Collector and home to WHEEL CITY FAIRLANE
2018 Boss Nationals Marysville KS Sept 7th, 8th, 9th
« on: December 23, 2017, 12:30:46 PM »
Hello all,     https://www.facebook.com/events/676675255838252/

An exciting venue for all 1969 to 1971 Boss Mustangs and Cougars , late model Boss 302's , and a SPECIAL CAMMER reunion taking place.   The town of Marysville has "opened up" in support of this event as Greg Boss (Boss Motors) celebrates 80 years as a Ford Dealer.

With the planning in full swing for this fun event ... "More than a car show..the 2018 Boss Nationals will promise to be all that he 2005 Boss Nationals was".....from the unique location (Home of Boss Motors/Marysville KS) to the three day event INCLUDING Friday Fun Cruise In/Concert, Saturday Car Show, Swap Meet and Sunday Awards! This will be an event supported by the town with extended hours , ample accommodations AND various events for food and fun! If you want to see, learn about Boss Mustangs, meeting restorers and vendors OR JUST put a name to face (from all the forums and groups) THE BOSS NATIONALS will be the place to be in 2018.

Join us on our Facebook page for updates, info and interaction. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1810562179197757/
1969 R Code , Sportsroof (non Mach) W Axle
AB , Standard Interior  San Jose built 4/22/1969

Offline svo2scj

Re: 2018 Boss Nationals Marysville KS Sept 7th, 8th, 9th
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 09:22:36 PM »
Hi all !    If you have joined the Facebook group, you know registration is close to 100 cars now!  Stickers have been chosen and "things are moving along" (amazing the amount of work that goes into an event like this for success)!

SPECIFICALLY - I would like to offer info and discuss the SWAP MEET (to be held on Sat AM) !!

As advertised, Swap spaces will be avail for $30 for 15X20 Ft with multiple allowed!  Accommodations for those with larger needs can be made - but we don't see that as a Carlisle/Pomona style swap !!

THE THOUGHT is to "bring restorers together", by posting, discussing and committing to bring/attended with need to buy SPECIFIC rare items.   Face to face, parts in hand with no need for Paypal fees, shipping or "OMG what did I buy !" (after the fact).

The reason for the effort is "we are all restoring rare cars", we know the importance of a given part for our cars AND to some degree WE ALL compete with each other on Ebay or sites and some tire of loosing or overpaying all the time!

From a sellers standpoint "we can't bring everything to an event"!  How often does someone say DO YOU HAVE.....?  (and the answer is yes at home).     From a buyers standpoint WE all like a deal, but we all have stories like "If you were here yesterday , there was a guy selling ..."

Planning (on the part of vendors) and discussing needs by buyers could insure value in attending on both parts!   Will it be like the old days where 3 vendors have same part for 3 different price points?  Probably not!   But this group "isn't the walk around with a catalog and offer $69.00 for a 50 year old NOS Ford part".

Maybe I'm crazy to think such and idea can work!  I'm willing to put the effort in (other than running the swap).   Not bringing the whole garage - but if banter continues WE all will know what to bring in Sept.

Mark
P.S.  I HOPE "the usual suspects" VENDORS will contact me , via PM or directly as I want to assist you.   I know there is value in purchasing from the MANY respected members we all know.

Offline svo2scj

Re: 2018 Boss Nationals Sept 7th, 8th, 9th SWAP MEET FLYER ATTACHED
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 10:55:37 AM »
Hi

Attached is the form for Swap Space at the Boss Nationals.  While some will "set up traditionally" SOME may choose to BRING small, detail items WITH VALUE for sale, (or even trade).   Many have incorrect parts on their cars (read date codes OR even "motorcraft but need autolite"!

Let see what true "interaction with like minded friends"can do for our cars !

Mark

Offline svo2scj

Re: 2018 Boss Nationals Marysville KS Sept 7th, 8th, 9th
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 08:49:53 AM »
UpDATE !!    We have 150 Boss cars , registered for the Sept event in Marysvilles KS !   (the quaintest city in Kansas)

This will prove to be a great time , with friends and cars!   Swap meet is truly Ford/Boss specific with vendors from all over the country.  (My guess is you know most)

A FUN evening is plan on Saturday after the show, with Food/Drink and a historical presentation .  Karaoke after -if we survive the drinks!   

SUNG TO THE TUNE of
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude JIMMY BUFFET

I worked on the boss every weekend last month
Just the same as I did all last year
All of the pieces, in all of the places
Wondering if my car was still here

I hadn't counted on going this far
I told my wife I could stop it's alright!
Then I found a chum with a rotisery and blasting gun
and I wound up working all night

COURSE
It's these D1ZE-B's, D1ZZ-B's
Nothing looks quite the same
With all of my gunning and all of my cunning
I've bought too many cars and I'm going insane

Reading the EBay ads on the computer
Reminds me of the prices I've paid
Visions of the RENO cruise that brought so much pleasure
Makes me want to go back again
If the Market collaspes tomorrow