Author Topic: HOSE CLAMPS examples of original and available reproductions  (Read 1307 times)

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
HOSE CLAMPS examples of original and available reproductions
« on: November 18, 2014, 08:33:42 AM »
I hope we can work together on this topic and with cooperation, we can make a simple to use chart to add to the Library section from the results.

This might be quite a challenge, yet I am starting this thread to REQUEST IMAGES of original hose clamps AND images of current reproductions on the market. Hopefully, we can get images collected of all types used throughout all years of Mustangs and all the different assembly plants. Many restorers are generally well versed on this topic but many of us "one-timers" are attempting to reassemble our cars correctly yet are not quite sure what should be on our cars. Pictures are worth a THOUSAND words. Add an application chart to those words and it could save many people much time in searching out simple answers. That is the goal of this thread, to build an application/usage chart of potentially ALL HOSE CLAMPS (fuel line, radiator and heater hose clamps, power steering, vacuum booster, Thermactor and so on)

Images of reproduction clamps that closely or exactly match, IMHO, should be kept separate but I feel it would be good to use them comparatively, noting the distinct differences. It is possible that better reproductions could be manufactured using such a comparative imagery chart.

I also realize that specific cut-off dates exist during production changes and often we need to estimate that time of change-over. I feel that if more and more contribute original examples, these dates could be narrowed down or better yet, set possibly to a more or less, exact date.

Any images submitted, please try and include production information where possible.

Richard

Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: HOSE CLAMPS examples of original and available reproductions
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 08:41:52 PM »
Big task Richard but good idea. Not sure what you envision for the final look (maybe its still in flux) for the project but here are just a few pictures to start.

You may want these (or your choice from them) with no site water mark if your going to produce an article (a bit redunent in that case) of if you want some help once you get everything collected I can work through that with you to produce a Publisher or Word document then print to PDF with all the document over rides

Pinch clamps and applications

Early 65 auto trans application

65-73 engine compartment fuel pump application

65 power steering application

Witteck #7  clamp

Band Clamps - Small size

Band Clamps - Heater hose application

Band Clamps - 65 Radiator hose application

Collecting and figuring everything out is going to take a while but at least this is a start. More will follow from me
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)