Author Topic: What class would I be in?  (Read 298 times)

Offline 1969 Cale II

What class would I be in?
« on: December 17, 2017, 09:29:00 PM »
This is about how my Cyclone would be judged. This is totally hypothetical, only bare metal part not bare metal is driveshaft(too pitted). All hardware is correct, runs/drips and overspray on floor, every part looks like brand new. Even went as far as reproducing the paper tags on the wiring harnesses. I trailer it, don't want to burn off paint on manifolds(blue engine color). I didn't know there were different levels of what I would call Concours. What is your best guess? I know the Fairlane club is not as detailed as you guys are. Thanks and Merry Christmas.
Chris
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 09:40:46 AM by carlite65 »

Offline ruppstang

Re: Whatclass would I be in?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 09:50:39 PM »
It sounds like Trailered Concours. Does it have bias ply tires? It should for that class.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Whatclass would I be in?
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 10:13:43 PM »
This is about how my Cyclone would be judged. This is totally hypothetical, only bare metal part not bare metal is driveshaft(too pitted). All hardware is correct, runs/drips and overspray on floor, every part looks like brand new. Even went as far as reproducing the paper tags on the wiring harnesses. I trailer it, don't want to burn off paint on manifolds(blue engine color). I didn't know there were different levels of what I would call Concours. What is your best guess? I know the Fairlane club is not as detailed as you guys are. Thanks and Merry Christmas.
Chris

Agree with Marty.

As far as the Fairlane Club showing goes its somewhat like non-US Mustang and Shelby judging and showing - there is always the first owner to get the others attention and often, since the internet, those have come from those owners and builders that reached out, outside of the immediate and "normal" channels, found/took the information and help then applied it to a different brand. 

We saw that here in this country with some of the Cougars and it was a dramatic step up from what they had seen in the past. Not for everyone but - just a personal choice and goal 
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 1969 Cale II

Re: What class would I be in?
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 07:15:15 PM »
Thanks Guys. An issue I have is people don't know who I am and living in Minnesota I must not know what I am talking about. Twin Cities is on the western edge of civilization, too far removed from the real Ford stuff of the east and south.

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 09:05:19 PM »
Hey I live in Nebraska LOL

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 12:30:58 AM »
Thanks Guys. An issue I have is people don't know who I am and living in Minnesota I must not know what I am talking about. Twin Cities is on the western edge of civilization, too far removed from the real Ford stuff of the east and south.
One of my neighbors has a 64 Galaxy with a 352 4V built in the St. Paul, MN plant (code P). Just had it painted candy apple red. It looks good.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline nham3407

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 11:46:30 AM »
I would also agree that it sounds to be Trailered Concourse.  If you do not drive it for the reasons you mentioned I think it would be classified as not driven.  Do know, they will hold you to a high water mark at that level.  You will need to spend some time dusting and cleaning before each show even in this category.

Not the direction I will be going with my 68 Pro Street Cyclone that you helped me locate with Tom and Alan.  Wished you could have made the reunion in Murfreesboro.  It would have been great to meet in person.  I only made it over for Friday's activities, but the host and his wife made it a great time.
67 GT S-Code, San Jose, 06/67
72 Mach 1, Dearborn, 01/72
68 Merc. Cyclone, Lorain, 06/68