Author Topic: Light Red Primer/Sealer San Jose cars?  (Read 1565 times)

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Light Red Primer/Sealer San Jose cars?
« on: October 03, 2017, 02:39:03 PM »
Has anyone come up with a combination or paint code that reproduces the light red epoxy sealer often found under 66/67 San Jose cars? Maybe not limited to just 66 or 67 but it is NOT the typical red PPG Epoxy Sealer on the market today, that is much like old Service Parts or NOS parts used to be up to about mid-80's.
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Light Red Primer/Sealer San Jose cars?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 06:25:06 PM »
On the few cars I've done that had the lighter (rather than the darker muddy color) they have been each custom mixed so have not kept the ratios. Often these were done with the weight process of mixing rather than volume method. Recall mostly tans in the mixes as a start but can't be of any more help. Sorry

One long past effort (shop was REALLY understanding and let me play for close to a month) I recall taking over 15 tries before we got a match. Well before the camera

Here is one of the test board. Colors don't look true on my monitor just an example of the variations

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)