Author Topic: 67 light Ivy vinyl dye  (Read 1083 times)

Offline pellets4fuel

67 light Ivy vinyl dye
« on: April 23, 2018, 11:40:49 AM »
I went to my local parts shop yesterday who mixes DuPont, (which I think got bought out) Anyway, we dug out the old book, and found the 2G code (light Ivy) which if I recall right the DuPont number is 9266LH. He entered it into the computer, and came up empty.
 Just wondering if anyone has a code from a more modern color, or alternative idea for getting some interior color mixed. He did a camera shot with whatever camera they use, and it didn't produce anything.
 I need to change some black padded windlace for around the door openings to ivy, want to freshen the windshield pillar pads, spray a pair of the reproduction arm rests from that wrong dark green color, and perhaps freshen the door panels on my 67 standard. Thought I would tackle it myself.
 I know John over there at JCC, NPD, CJ Pony, and others have dye in cans.  In the searching here on site I did, I only found that using spray cans isn't the best option if you want some good consistency.  I also am personally wondering if there might be issues with spray cans depending on how long they have been on the shelf?
 Thanks,
 David

1967 eight barrel

Re: 67 light Ivy vinyl dye
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 09:58:29 PM »
Most of us run into this. I needed V5766 white. The codes don't come up anymore. I took a can of the Scott Drake down and we did a spray out. They were able to use the digital analyzer to mix the color.
                                                                                     -Keith