Author Topic: Carpet trim under console  (Read 142 times)

Offline pellets4fuel

Carpet trim under console
« on: February 02, 2018, 06:43:57 PM »
http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=15240.0
Please check out this topic in the 67 mustang section.  Wondering if Cougars would be the same?  Don R @ WCCC says no, carpet just gets cut with a small enough hole to fit in the lower rib on the shift boot.
Thanks
David

Offline Mike_B_SVT

Re: Carpet trim under console
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 09:46:18 PM »
My '70 (Dearborn, Oct '69 build, 4-speed, no console) has the carpet cut out just about the same size as the shifter hole in the floor.  The chrome trim ring covers up the ragged edges of the original carpet... mostly.
Mike B.

2003 Mustang Cobra Convertible
1 of 354 in Sonic Blue

1970 Cougar Eliminator (Competition Gold / Black Decor Interior), 428SCJ, Ram-Air, 4-speed w/ Hurst shifter
Built: Dearborn, Oct 6th, 1969
Cat Bites Man!

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 12:09:15 AM »
Sorry I checked my pictures and had nothing from 67 or 68 with a manual transmission, console and with the console removed but carpet still in
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 12:36:37 AM »
Dumb question are there no assembly manuals for the Cougar that would show this?

Offline pellets4fuel

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 02:14:26 PM »
Well, I don't actually have an interior assembly manual, but there are some printed pages in my big blue mustang/couger mercury intermediate book (or whatever you call it) that show interior assembly for the ford products, and the console install procedure is in there, and shows a console, but 'nada' on showing or describing anything of a plate under the console for a cougar, or a mustang for that mater.
Thought about buying the interior manual, but after reading the posts by the fella who started this question off in the mustang section, sounds like it may not help. :)