Author Topic: J-code 1968 motor  (Read 413 times)

Offline OldMil

J-code 1968 motor
« on: April 13, 2018, 01:40:04 PM »
I think I know the answer to this, but is there any difference in a J-code motor (I know the differences between manual and auto) as to which plant the car came from.  I have motors stamped 8R, but wondering if they would be correct for a Dearborn car otherwise.  Thanks in advance!  Jack

Offline ruppstang

Re: J-code 1968 motor
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 02:09:43 PM »
The assembly plant did not assemble the motors they were done in one or two engine plants The body VIN was stamped in the block so it could be identified with the body.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 02:19:03 PM »
I think I know the answer to this, but is there any difference in a J-code motor (I know the differences between manual and auto) as to which plant the car came from.  I have motors stamped 8R, but wondering if they would be correct for a Dearborn car otherwise.  Thanks in advance!  Jack

If its from the same application (with the same options and from a time period close to your original) its going to basically the same.  Items that were added at the car assembly plant can vary slightly (general - watch out for comment ;)  since different plants had different suppliers at time. Can' tthink at the moment any difference this year and engine just wanted to mention since so many may be applying the same thought to their cars
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline OldMil

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 02:45:33 PM »
Thanks Guys!  Cheers, Jack