Author Topic: Is a Oct 64 build Early build?  (Read 1386 times)

Offline DKutz

Is a Oct 64 build Early build?
« on: January 28, 2016, 03:01:24 PM »
So finally downloaded the MCA rules.  Is my Oct 7 64 build Fastback considered a early 65?  Some of the specs call for "early" and "late" but I don't see a cut off.  I assume mine is early...
1965 Mustang Fastback 'A' Code, silver Blue Met, Med blue int. Auto, San Jose, 10/8/64 #1449**

Gone but not forgotten - 1996 Mustang GT

Offline 64.5 Rick

Re: Is a Oct 64 build Early build?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 03:13:20 PM »
My thought would be yes it is an early build since they started Fastbacks at the end of August to debut in Sept as a new model

Can you list the rest of the door tag?  Although the build date of October 64 should be indication enough.

Offline DKutz

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 03:23:33 PM »
I can give you the vin.  I don't have the original door tag unfortunately... 144941
1965 Mustang Fastback 'A' Code, silver Blue Met, Med blue int. Auto, San Jose, 10/8/64 #1449**

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 04:40:17 PM »
Not sure if Oct would be and early or late for MCA purposes since body style rarely comes into play IMHO on those rules.

Would likely depend on which rule (specific wording) and also consider that MCA rule writing can often be  somewhat generic where application can be specific.

One of the challenges of writing rules and getting them through the bureaucracy in my experience over the last 30 years
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline DKutz

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 04:52:47 PM »
why is it no matter where I put my posts they get moved on this forum?  I try to put in the most logical spot.. nope moved.  The other day is was a post about trunk finish so I put it in trunk forum, moved to 64-66 forum.  This time moved to MCA judging...  Whatever

Offline markb0729

• South Jersey
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 05:09:18 PM »
You posts refers directly to the MCA judging rules so thats probably why it got moved to this forum, makes sense.  I wouldn't take it personally. 
65 Dearborn Built Fastback
Approximate Build Date, September 2, 1964
289 4V, C4, PS, PB, No A/C

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 07:06:13 PM »
why is it no matter where I put my posts they get moved on this forum?  I try to put in the most logical spot.. nope moved.  The other day is was a post about trunk finish so I put it in trunk forum, moved to 64-66 forum.  This time moved to MCA judging...  Whatever

Always try and either leave or move based on guidelines we've posted in the past. This helps other that are surfing the sections to fins like discussions all in one area. Somethings its not that easy when members bridge two or three subjects in one original post. Just try and make the best choice

In this case the question as asked is directly ask about MCA rules.

On the trunk question the first post was about a specific year so it was moved to a section that deals directly with that year or period. If the question as about a subject that covered 65-70 trunks (for examples) it would not fit well or apply only to 64-66 and would have been left in the general interior & trunk section

Hope this helps explain the process of filtering that we followed since the site opened.
Jeff Speegle

Offline DKutz

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 09:36:30 PM »
Always try and either leave or move based on guidelines we've posted in the past. This helps other that are surfing the sections to fins like discussions all in one area. Somethings its not that easy when members bridge two or three subjects in one original post. Just try and make the best choice

In this case the question as asked is directly ask about MCA rules.

On the trunk question the first post was about a specific year so it was moved to a section that deals directly with that year or period. If the question as about a subject that covered 65-70 trunks (for examples) it would not fit well or apply only to 64-66 and would have been left in the general interior & trunk section

Hope this helps explain the process of filtering that we followed since the site opened.

I am just here to keep you busy Jeff....

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 10:26:08 PM »
I am just here to keep you busy Jeff....

Your not alone ;)

Glad you got your questions answered - didn't get much or any at the other locations   :'(
Jeff Speegle

Offline Richard P.

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 08:53:33 AM »
My thought would be yes it is an early build since they started Fastbacks at the end of August to debut in Sept as a new model

Can you list the rest of the door tag?  Although the build date of October 64 should be indication enough.
+ 1 I would think that a October built 1964 Mustang would be considered a early car. Some of the things that I look at are does the hood lip turn down, head lamp doors bevel down, square corner door sill plates, and carpet not coming completely up the inner rocker (vinyl).

Offline ChrisV289

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016, 09:52:49 AM »
I believe the vinyl going up the rocker panel was used into January of 65.  My Oct 64 SJ FB has/had it, and I think the square sill plates were also used into January. 
Chris
1965 Honey Gold Fastback