Author Topic: 1967 Shelby Hood hinges and alignment. Techniques.  (Read 628 times)

Offline 1967 eight barrel

1967 Shelby Hood hinges and alignment. Techniques.
« on: March 06, 2016, 04:16:51 AM »
Does anyone have simplified instructions for initial set up of the hood hinges and alignment procedures for the hood? The Shelby factor shouldn't make a difference, however I know how the hinges are set up will determine if the hood sits up above the cowl, which seems to be very common.

Anyway, if there is a Youtube video, or you've mastered the hood alignment help would be appreciated.

Segment two. Being this is a replacement hood, there are no holes for the hood pins. I noted from the OE remnants that the holes were much larger than the pins. Could someone give me a measurement off their original hood?

Thanks,
                                                                                                                     Keith
A Commander has to make vital decision on incomplete information in a matter of seconds, and afterwards the experts can sit down at leisure, with all the facts before them, and argue about what he might, could or should have done.
Field Marshal Sir William Slim

Re: 1967 Shelby Hood hinges and alignment. Techniques.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 08:41:08 AM »
I guess no one here has ever installed and aligned a hood and hood hinges, so here is a link that sheds some light on the subject matter.

http://falconccwa.stormloader.com/bonhint.htm
A Commander has to make vital decision on incomplete information in a matter of seconds, and afterwards the experts can sit down at leisure, with all the facts before them, and argue about what he might, could or should have done.

Offline preaction

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 11:35:18 AM »
Keith, Im in the process of doing this also and have had the same issues as this guy listed, his info is very good thanks.
8R02S125064- January 6 1968  SJ   7F93S591808 - April 28 1967  Dearborn   7F91S544039 - December 17 1966 Dearborn

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 11:10:32 AM »
The painter made a mistake on my hood and took it off before the vehicle came home. He didn't mark anything, so I am essentially starting over. He also aligned it without the springs on the hinges. Makes sense to get it all aligned before the engine goes back in. I won't have to fight the booster or anything in the process.

-Keith