Author Topic: Looking for feedback on a battery cable, Unrestored  (Read 707 times)

Offline KevinMac

Looking for feedback on a battery cable, Unrestored
« on: January 19, 2016, 01:19:14 PM »
I'm working to prepare for '93 Feature Car for it's first National show this summer (Buffalo) and am looking for feedback on my battery cable. The car is low mileage and mostly correct, so I plan to show in Unrestored.

For the life of me I can not find a factory correct negative battery cable in good shape. The one currently on the car is fair at best (photo 1). I know it will clean up a bit but in general the clamp is pretty well beat up. I recently came across a nice one with the exception that a repair was made to it, photo 2.

So, in your opinions, which would be the better choice to minimize point loss while I search for a better solution? Thanks for your thoughts!
- 1969 Mustang Coupe #1 - spent 2 years on body work only to be rear ended and having it totaled on the way to the paint shop :(
- 1969 Mustang Coupe #2 - Sold in 2006
- 1993 Mustang Feature Car - In process
- 1994 Ford Lightning - Sold in 2004
- 1994 Mustang GT - runs low 9's at 148mph :)

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
Re: Looking for feedback on a battery cable, Unrestored
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 01:27:14 PM »
I believe the forum software has reversed your photos: the photo of only the cable shows a repair; the photo of the cable on the battery shows severe wear.

Offline KevinMac

Re: Looking for feedback on a battery cable, Unrestored
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 01:33:20 PM »
I believe the forum software has reversed your photos: the photo of only the cable shows a repair; the photo of the cable on the battery shows severe wear.

Oops, you are correct!  ???
- 1969 Mustang Coupe #1 - spent 2 years on body work only to be rear ended and having it totaled on the way to the paint shop :(
- 1969 Mustang Coupe #2 - Sold in 2006
- 1993 Mustang Feature Car - In process
- 1994 Ford Lightning - Sold in 2004
- 1994 Mustang GT - runs low 9's at 148mph :)