Author Topic: Early 65 Door sill plate questions  (Read 1458 times)

Offline russgoodman

Early 65 Door sill plate questions
« on: July 17, 2011, 01:56:44 PM »
Did the early 65 models have the 64.5 style squared end door sill plates or should they be the later rounded style? Its a Dearborn coupe sch build date 2-9-65 if it matters. The car has the early style door/window cranks, carpet, vinyl on the inner rockers, etc.

I think the ones that came on the car were repros - they had the rounded edge. The interior had been redone before I got it (with cloth everywhere) so that makes me think they may have been replaced. Also they were almost the same (except for wear) as the new repros I bought when I was restoring the interior.

Last, should there be part #s anywhere on them or the side seat trim chrome pieces?

I don't think its worth my time to polish a set of repos. Thanks in advance for the help.
65 Coupe 5F07C627703
Sch build date 2-9-1965
Wimbledon White (M) w/ standard palomino buckets (29), 289 2V, C4
53K original miles

Offline kutzoh

• Gold Level Subscriber
Re: Early 65 Door sill plate questions
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 05:23:21 PM »
I don't know the change over date. I had access to a 12/64 Dearborn Coupe as a parts car, it had one squared sill on the drivers side and one rounded corner sill on the passenger side.

Greg
64.5 Dearborn coupe, D-Code, June 28, 1964   Skylight Blue

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 06:57:23 PM »
Did the early 65 models have the 64.5 style squared end door sill plates or should they be the later rounded style? Its a Dearborn coupe sch build date 2-9-65 if it matters. The car has the early style door/window cranks, carpet, vinyl on the inner rockers, etc.

Of course it matters when and where the car was built ;)

Looking at other cars from around that time I would say no to the early version of the sill plates

Last, should there be part #s anywhere on them or the side seat trim chrome pieces?

No
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline russgoodman

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 07:32:14 PM »
Thanks Jeff! I think the later style will be much easier to find so that helps. Is there a way to distinguish OEM vs repro on these? The ones I took out seemed lightweight and kinda flimsy.
65 Coupe 5F07C627703
Sch build date 2-9-1965
Wimbledon White (M) w/ standard palomino buckets (29), 289 2V, C4
53K original miles