Author Topic: Anyone have some good K/H caliper photos for identification?  (Read 1714 times)

Offline 1966GTFB

Anyone have some good K/H caliper photos for identification?
« on: December 02, 2011, 08:45:08 PM »
I am trying to Identify my 1966 calipers that are pretty rough. Does anyone have any good pics or idea how I can confirm if mine are original or replaced over the years?

This leads to another question, do we have an area where I can see reference shots for specific original parts?

Thanks again in advance.

Jeff
SJ Build Date: 9/17
'66 Fstbk: 63A X 26 17J

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Anyone have some good K/H caliper photos for identification?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 12:16:03 AM »
Couple of shots of NOS ones for comparison

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Anyone have some good K/H caliper photos for identification?
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 04:54:44 PM »
There were 3 or 4 different  revisions to the boots from 65 to the end of 66 and how they sealed to the pistons (Jim Cowles @shelbyparts) which may indicate if replacement or not but externally they all looked the same by early 66 . In 65 both half's were cast iron if on a steel wheel car and the outside half plated if a deluxe wheel car. The MPC shows the different numbers . Some time in late 65 early 66 it seems they started to do them all with the outside half plated regardless of wheel . Evidence suggests in some instances the outside half was painted silver instead of plated  also. Painted was more the exception then the rule. Just some of my observations .Bob   
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby