Author Topic: 1969 Interior Color  (Read 2960 times)

Offline Wade429

1969 Interior Color
« on: August 20, 2012, 07:55:27 PM »
I know the dash and sterring column are painted charcoal metallic.  Are the rear interior quarter panels, package tray and console supposed to be semi-gloss black or are they charcoal metallic as well?  My car is a Dearborn build from mid May of 1969 with a black deluxe interior.

Thanks,

Wade

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 1969 Interior Color
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 10:54:57 PM »
Here is the basic idea - anything that gets painted is painted Dark Charcoal Metallic - as far as the interior panels and pieces go - except the dash pad extensions (four of them - one on each side of the radio and one at each end of the metal dash panel) and if it's a non- fold down sportroof/Mach then the trim panel between the seat back and the package tray are a flatter version of the Dark Charcoal.   If you have the hang on ash tray below the dash it appears that it was painted semi-gloss black

Console is not painted so it was molded in a off black color - but the ash tray and upper painted plate are listed as Dark Charcoal also.

Hope this helps
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Wade429

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 11:31:01 PM »
How about the rear interior 1/4 panels and trim? Car is a non-fold down.  Also the package tray itself?

Thanks for your replies.  Trying to do the interior the right way.  My buddy told me that only the metal parts got the charcoal metallic and the plastic/fiberglass were low gloss black.

Wade

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 12:46:26 AM »
How about the rear interior 1/4 panels and trim? Car is a non-fold down.  Also the package tray itself?

"Here is the basic idea - anything that gets painted is painted Dark Charcoal Metallic" ;)   So yes the interior 1/4 panels and trim are Dark Charcoal Metallic

Think the package tray (cardboard/press board) may be black but after its painted and soaks in it difficult to see the difference
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)