Author Topic: 67 S code San Jose - Decals  (Read 2221 times)

Offline V8_bloke_28

67 S code San Jose - Decals
« on: November 11, 2012, 10:28:46 AM »
Hi, is there anywhere I can find a site that will tell/show me where all the decals in the kit go on my 67 fastback gt 390? Car was built is San Jose
Cheers
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 07:42:19 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Decals
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 07:41:26 PM »
What month? 

In general. if you purchased one of the Kits., I'm sure you'll not be using about 50% of what is included. :(  That's pretty typical unfortunately

Get back with the time period and I'll post some examples from that same plant - same time period
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline V8_bloke_28

Re: 67 S code San Jose - Decals
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 10:13:13 AM »
The car was build in June 26 1967.
Cheers

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 09:39:02 PM »
Hi, is there anywhere I can find a site that will tell/show me where all the decals in the kit go on my 67 fastback gt 390? Car was built is San Jose
The car was build in June 26 1967.

Sorry - didn't ask this in the first response - did you purchase an engine compartment or full car kit?

Will start with the engine compartment and if it's the full car we can add those areas if you list what came (decals) in the kit ;)

For your year, date and plant there are not allot of engine compartment decals

Service decal - Guessing you have a non AC car since that was not mentioned. Drivers side shock tower forward face high or low

Battery inspection decal - located over the starter relay. Unfortunately the decal is not available correctly from any of the big vendors. Corect one for your car would have blue printing rather than the currently available black printing

Master cyl cap decal - (guessing you have Power disc brakes) Brake fluid warning due to your build date.

Engine ID decal - Applied to the passenger head - front surface

Air cleaner - Again guessing that you have the air cleaner base without the snorkel but instead the two screens (one on each side of the filter base ) and the elbow at the front (about at the dist). Correct??

Top CU Decal

Side AUTOLITE service replacement decal - arrow

« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 11:54:21 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Offline Paperback Writer

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 07:21:59 PM »
I had ordered the '67 Decal package (from ECS) a while back, and as I was going through some of the "documentation" photos of my car today, I noticed a detail I had missed with the Service Specifications sticker that goes on the driver's side shock tower.

The sticker included in the ECS package (FSR-138 - see first attached image below) looks totally different than the one that was actually on my car.  After a little research, it appears that the sticker on my car was a left-over from 1966...

Does anybody know when the San Jose plant switched from the 1966 sticker to the 1967 version?
(My car was assembled on Sept. 22, 1966).
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 07:49:41 PM by Paperback Writer »
1967 390 GTA Convertible
7R03S110###
76B - V - 6U - 30J - 72 - 1 - U
(Actually built on 9/22/1966 - Eight days ahead of schedule)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 11:44:39 PM »
Does anybody know when the San Jose plant switched from the 1966 sticker to the 1967 version?
(My car was assembled on Sept. 22, 1966).

Haven't looked into that detail. Would need to go through the pictures in hopes that we have enough of a sampling and clear enough pictures to make out the difference ;)
Jeff Speegle