Author Topic: Voltage Regulator Revised/Running Change Oct 26th 64 - mid 65  (Read 1513 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Voltage Regulator Revised/Running Change Oct 26th 64 - mid 65
« on: August 13, 2013, 10:16:21 PM »
Was checking for details related to another thread and though what I found didn't apply to that question I thought I should post for the benefit of others. Used it in a past MCA Times article but surely its new to many of you

TSB article #78 (reworded from original text)

Voltage Regulator: Had a problem from excessive gap between the field relay armature and magnet core. which caused a buzzing sound. Vehicles assembled after Oct. 26, 64 have a revised regulator that can be identified by a daub of yellow paint above the "A" in Autolite or the line under the word Autolite has been deleted. #262 The marked covers should be found starting Oct. 26 through mid 1965 when stock would have been purged of all stock.

Another details for all of you earlier guys to check for ;)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 06:21:03 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline austexstang

Re: Voltage Regulator Revised/Running Change Oct 26th 64 - mid 65
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 09:11:48 PM »
Ah...  one more detail to update on my 6/65 Dearborn coupe...  But, thanks for posting that info...

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 11:01:45 PM »
Ah...  one more detail to update on my 6/65 Dearborn coupe...  But, thanks for posting that info...

Would think that by almost the end of production the detail would have been finished - it states Mid 65 production which would place the end of the change IMHO at December 64 or Jan 65

Got to change the color of the drawing - realized I colored it as a later model :(
Jeff Speegle

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 04:06:44 PM »
If the update was only for The C5TF regulator (55 amp alt) it wouldn't effect that many 65 Mustang owners since the C5TF regular was not typically used (55 amp alt )unless a Air conditioning car application I believe.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 08:06:48 PM »
If the update was only for The C5TF regulator (55 amp alt) it wouldn't effect that many 65 Mustang owners since the C5TF regular was not typically used (55 amp alt )unless a Air conditioning car application I believe.

The text of the TSB article did not state it only effected the C5TF so I guess it was all voltage regulators during that time period. Just had the art work for the TF handy for the illustration
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 05:47:43 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle