Author Topic: 66 Shelby Magnum 500 restoration question  (Read 1899 times)

Offline poboy427

66 Shelby Magnum 500 restoration question
« on: July 21, 2014, 04:10:20 PM »
I've been told that TruDesign Wheels in Denver is not taking on anymore more work orders as the owner, Jim, has serious health problems and plans to close the business as soon as all orders are out. Not sure if someone will take over the business or not.

I have been in contact with Stockton Wheels in Stockton, CA. They are a wheel restoration company and have stated they have the capability of producing concourse Magnum 500 wheel, restored and rechromed.

They have been under new ownership since 2011. Has anyone had any dealings with this company when it comes to Magnum 500s?

Thanks Ray

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 66 Shelby Magnum 500 restoration question
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 05:27:57 PM »
Live very close to Stockton wheel and though I have had them build some wheels for me I've never seen them do any work on Magnums so can't really lend any input on their ability.

Will need to have some done eventually and will be in the same boat
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline poboy427

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 05:43:51 PM »
The guy I talked to was named Rick. He seem knowledgeable about the differences of a Shelby Magnum VS the others. Huge leap of faith to just ship my wheels out there without talking with someone that has had success there first.

Ray

Offline poboy427

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 12:36:39 AM »
Another shop that I'm considering is Paramount Wheels in CA. They are suppose to provide full restoration under one roof. Anyone used this company?

Ray