Author Topic: Anybody w/ 67-68 factory dual exhaust cars apart?  (Read 10018 times)

Offline gtamustang

• CPM
  • Global Moderator
Re: Anybody w/ 67-68 factory dual exhaust cars apart?
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2014, 08:42:51 PM »
Richard,

While all of the pictures and details in this thread are great, keep in mind that in 67 only S-codes and K-codes could have come with dual exhaust from the factory (your signature cars do not say either). Sure a dealer could have added it, bit as Jeff has pointed out in the past, the dealership would not have done it to factory standards. Rather they would have taken the Mustang to their muffler shop and  put on the cheapest they could.

Regards,
Pete Morgan

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2014, 07:44:11 AM »

...in 67 only S-codes and K-codes could have come with dual exhaust from the factory

I have read this before, I understand
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline 67gtasanjose

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2015, 09:18:00 AM »
Here are a strange pair of resonator hangers claimed to be from a 67-69 Mustang.
Does anyone recognize the tapered edge on the top side of the hangers (where bolts to the floor) if this is unique to any particular production model or assembly plant? Curious more than anything else since I hadn't seen a set like these before. The Ford stamping is on them so they are FORD anyways.
Richard
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 09:24:52 AM by 67gtasanjose »
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2015, 06:54:33 PM »
Here are a strange pair of resonator hangers claimed to be from a 67-69 Mustang.
Does anyone recognize the tapered edge on the top side of the hangers (where bolts to the floor) if this is unique to any particular production model or assembly plant? Curious more than anything else since I hadn't seen a set like these before. The Ford stamping is on them so they are FORD anyways.
Richard
I don 't recognize those as being typical assemblyline on a duel exhaust 67 SJ car. Scott Fuller is working on some correct looking ones that should be available soon. The ones that NPD sells are reasonably close if you don't have some usable assemblyline ones. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline 67gtasanjose

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2015, 07:45:11 PM »
I don 't recognize those as being typical assemblyline on a duel exhaust 67 SJ car. Scott Fuller is working on some correct looking ones that should be available soon. The ones that NPD sells are reasonably close if you don't have some usable assemblyline ones.

Thanks Bob, I do have a couple of sets OE, used at this time in very usable condition (not like new, but OK) I saw these and thought them a bit odd and if it were not for the FoMoCo logo (seen in another picture)  I would have seriously doubted they were OE parts. Possibly they are replacements of some sort.  I tipped Scott several months ago about  a new NOS set on eBay I knew were going out of my league and he mentioned then he was (or would be) working on these hangers. Hopefully his will not need to be as high as what the eBay ones went for but we will see. On a seperate occasion, he mentioned something also about reproducing the hollow rivets for the rubber straps and I am not sure if he will offer them (for sale) seperately or not yet but we'll see.

Richard
Richard Urch

Offline Scott Fuller

• Scott Fuller Reproductions
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2015, 11:24:51 PM »
I am currently in the process of making the tooling for the 1967-1969 resonator hangers.  Most of the tooling is done and prototype parts are being made (see photo).  They are more complicated than it might appear.  Left and right part for uppers and lowers and three different backing plates for each bracket.  I'm also custom making the flat head semi-tubular rivet to hold everything together.

Additionally I'm in the process of making the 66 muffler hangers, 66 rear frame L-brackets, 1970 muffler hangers, and 1970 rear tailpipe hangers.  And other projects in the works too.

Stay tuned...

Scott Fuller
68 "135" Mustang, 68.5 Blck Mustang CJ Cnvrt, 68 Rd HCS (fact 428), 68 Ac Bl Mustang GT Cnvrt, 68 Ylw GT500KR Cnvrt, 68 Hlnd Grn GT500KR Cnvrt, 68 Gld G.T. 500 Cnvrt, 68 Ryl Maroon Mustang Sprint Cpe, 68.5 Hlnd Grn Fstbck, 68.5 Ylw Mustang Fstbck. Visit my website www.scottfullerreproductions.com

Offline 67gtasanjose

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2015, 06:48:45 AM »
I am currently in the process of making the tooling for the 1967-1969 resonator hangers.  Most of the tooling is done and prototype parts are being made (see photo).  They are more complicated than it might appear.  Left and right part for uppers and lowers and three different backing plates for each bracket.  I'm also custom making the flat head semi-tubular rivet to hold everything together.

Additionally I'm in the process of making the 66 muffler hangers, 66 rear frame L-brackets, 1970 muffler hangers, and 1970 rear tailpipe hangers.  And other projects in the works too.

Stay tuned...

Scott Fuller

Looking good!
Richard Urch

Offline bullitt68

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2020, 03:50:40 AM »

Stay tuned...

Scott Fuller

GREAT NEWS!
Mike
1968 Mustang Fastback GT 390 Raven Black, 4 speed
8R02S162374, San Jose, June 5, 1968

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2020, 08:22:46 PM »

Stay tuned...

Scott Fuller
What about the tri Y headers for the 65 and 66 GT350's. ;)I would like to see you check that project off your to do list. :D
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby