Author Topic: GT350 carb spacer  (Read 937 times)

Offline ruppstang

GT350 carb spacer
« on: March 06, 2022, 08:26:52 PM »
Is this the correct carb spacer for GT350 with aluminum intake?

Online CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: GT350 carb spacer
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2022, 08:28:07 PM »
The correct one should have a metal nipple, larger size for regular PCV hose.  They are notorious for cracking around the nipple.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2022, 08:34:32 PM »
Is this the correct carb spacer for GT350 with aluminum intake?
No. It is the one with the steel tube I have concluded. I believe you posted a previous picture of it along with another the correct one.  The one in the picture if used on the SB aluminum intake will not seal properly and have a vacuum leak.I have 3 of the those all Bakelite spacers and only wish they were the right ones.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Coralsnake

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2022, 08:36:06 PM »

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2022, 09:28:32 PM »
Will the 69 Boss 302 reproduction work? 

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2022, 11:19:27 PM »
Will the 69 Boss 302 reproduction work?
Yes it will work as is but you will have to shorten the pcv hose. If you want things to look like factory then you trim the tube so that only about 2 inch protrudes and install the PCV hose. The tube was lengthened so that it was easier to attach the hose what with the overhanging Holley bowls in the case of 69/70 the accelerator holder and spring bracket. Regardless the short tube is hard to get to and man handling to install it is commonand breaking even more so. Consequently it is best to install the hose prior to installing the carb if you can help it. That is why so many of the originals broke in the case of that Holley carb and trying to stick the hose on when it is installed.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 11:23:40 PM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2022, 09:01:25 AM »
Yes it will work as is but you will have to shorten the pcv hose. If you want things to look like factory then you trim the tube so that only about 2 inch protrudes and install the PCV hose. The tube was lengthened so that it was easier to attach the hose what with the overhanging Holley bowls in the case of 69/70 the accelerator holder and spring bracket. Regardless the short tube is hard to get to and man handling to install it is commonand breaking even more so. Consequently it is best to install the hose prior to installing the carb if you can help it. That is why so many of the originals broke in the case of that Holley carb and trying to stick the hose on when it is installed.

Thanks for the insight, I thought the tube would need to be shortened. I will keep looking for the correct one until I need to start the engine.

Online CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2022, 10:18:32 AM »
The one with the curved end is much easier to find than an original.  If it was me, I would go that route and cut the end.  Keep looking for an original in the meantime.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin