Author Topic: rf fender apron  (Read 534 times)

Offline cob428

rf fender apron
« on: July 15, 2022, 11:37:16 AM »
I have been looking at a replacement for my passenger side fender apron. I came across this last night, has a 69 part number but doesn't appear to be the same that I currently have. Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated or even a few pics of an original battery apron would be great.

Thanks in advance
Concourse Wantabe
69 GT 500 Built Dearborn 06/69
A/C, Auto,
69 Mach 1 Metuchen 11/68
A/C, Auto 351 W
2009 Supersnake

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: rf fender apron
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2022, 06:52:02 PM »
Looks like the examples I have of the 70 /updated versions sold after the 69 that were placed in the service replacement supply channels during 1969

Don't have a clear picture I could find quickly of a late Dearborn example with the battery and battery tray removed

Here are a few of the top edge without the bump out detail and the threaded hole

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline cob428

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2022, 07:06:03 PM »
Jeff, if I replace with the updated version how would that be judged in concours driven?

Pete
Concourse Wantabe
69 GT 500 Built Dearborn 06/69
A/C, Auto,
69 Mach 1 Metuchen 11/68
A/C, Auto 351 W
2009 Supersnake

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2022, 07:50:10 PM »
Jeff, if I replace with the updated version how would that be judged in concours driven?

Pete

Pretty simple IMHO If it's visually different then you should expect a deduction or at minimum a comment if your lucky. No reason you getting full points when its not correct and possibly someone else in the class has the correct version if the intent is to restore the car.  Driven only means that there are exceptions in the rules for certain things that are spelled out if you asking about MCA
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2022, 11:01:33 PM »
Pretty simple IMHO If it's visually different then you should expect a deduction orat minimum a comment if your lucky. No reason you getting full points when its not correct and possibly someone else in the class has the correct version if the intent is to restore the car.  Driven only means that there are exceptions in the rules for certain things that are spelled out if you asking about MCA
+1.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby