Author Topic: Paint stripes on suspension etc  (Read 3425 times)

Offline cdmustangs

Paint stripes on suspension etc
« on: August 19, 2019, 04:31:39 PM »
Does anyone know of a good link for paint stripes/dabs on steering & suspension, driveline etc for Boss 351 ? Thanks, signed....trying to get it right. 

Offline DougDyar

Re: Paint stripes on suspension etc
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 08:51:45 PM »
Do you have the build sheet for this car? If so, and it can be read, you already have the info you seek.
0F02G203277
June 22, 1970 Dearborn BOSS 302

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 06:13:35 PM »
First welcome to the site.

The buildsheet is limited to what paint marks are shown as there were allot more than what was originally applied to the cars.  Also paint marks could change during the production years. If you have not read the article in the Library then I suggest you take the time as it explains where many are found, their locations and other supporting info without going in to details for specific years.

Would always suggest that you only focus on paint marks if EVERY other details is 100% correct. A paint mark does not make up for an incorrect part or many other details.

If you provide when your car was built we should be able to help out with some of the standard basic paint marks. Remember, don't guess and remember you are responsible for the marks and other details on the car since many will just copy your car blindly assuming that you did the home work and research while they try and take the easy route. Allot of marks we see seem to have migrated from other plants, years and models producing some ugly examples  ::)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline TUMBLEPORT SVT

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 05:08:30 PM »
I have a ton of photos of my Boss . Bob Wilson did it while working for Manley . Message me your email address.