Author Topic: 1973 Seat Belt Warning Buzzer not working  (Read 2402 times)

Offline dan_b_73

1973 Seat Belt Warning Buzzer not working
« on: December 23, 2022, 02:01:15 PM »
Hello all. I'm actually attempting to get the Seat Belt Warning Buzzer to work on my 1973 Mustang convertible with a build date of 11 JUN 73.

I removed the Bracket Relay Mounting panel D3ZZ-14A301-A to access the warning buzzers. There are two D2AB-13150-A2A warning buzzers mounted to this panel (see attached photos). One is the Key Reminder Buzzer with Red/Pink and Black/Pink Hash wiring and the second is the Seat Belt Warning Buzzer with Light Green and Red/Yellow Hash wiring. The Key Reminder Buzzer circuit works with the key in the ignition and the door open. I swapped the buzzers to test for function and both work on the Key Reminder circuit. But I can't get the Seat Belt Warning circuit to work nor do I know what conditions must be met for it to turn on.

Before I start removing other panels or the seats to see if instead it's a loose connection, I was hoping someone could tell me when is the Seat Belt Warning buzzer supposed to go off. Does the car need to be running or at least have the key in accessory mode or another setting for it to function? Is it perhaps a fuse that needs to be replaced? Or do I have a faulty Seat Belt Retractor Sensor D2ZZ-14A501-A?

I based the part numbers off of the 1973-79 Ford Car Master Parts and 1965-72 Ford Car Master Parts catalogs, and can provide page numbers in case I have the incorrect part number. I identified the buzzers using wire color codes from the 1973 Mustang Wiring diagram. I'm hoping that by this being a Concours forum, folks will be more understanding about my desire to get it to work as it did from the factory rather than commenting on how annoying a reminder buzzer can be to some.

Thanks in advance for the help!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 02:04:07 PM by dan_b_73 »
3F03F24XXXX
Bucked 06/01/73
Scheduled for Build 05/25/73
Actually Built 06/11/73
76D 6E CW W 6 24