Author Topic: Factory Springs Marks - 1972 Mach I  (Read 216 times)

Offline Harry449

Factory Springs Marks - 1972 Mach I
« on: February 18, 2023, 01:26:02 PM »
Hello Everyone, I need a little help with putting factory marks on my 1972 Mach 1 front springs and rear spring and what kind of paint everyone used, I have my build sheet need to no what colors the letters mean, lines from build sheet, 34/ N, 35/ A front Rears r line 31/ R, 32/ R, 33/ O, Thanks guys.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 11:51:27 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
Re: Factory Springs Marks
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2023, 02:17:11 PM »
there are several great articles in the 'library' section here. just do a search please.
5F09C331248

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2023, 02:38:13 PM »
First welcome to the site. Hope you find the information and support helpful in your concours/restoration projects

Originally this thread was started in the MCA Showing and Judging section but as you may know paint marks are not required in Concours judging with that organization only Thoroughbred class but if they are there in Concours, if they are incorrect or incorrectly applied you can receive a deduction for that.

Type of paint is covered in a number of threads. Individuals have different products that they have found that works better for each of them but basically it often an enamel paint. Colors, most often will have to be hand mixed to math the originals. As carlite65 mentioned above you might want to start with article in the Library on the Basic Paint Marks

So you provided the following letters from your build sheet - Is that correct 

Fronts - NA  - Believe I know what this is but want to cross reference buildsheets to pictures of the marking from specific cars for confirmation. Will report back.

Rears- RRO - Believe this was One stripe of Red- Red - Orange
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Harry449

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2023, 08:16:50 PM »
Hi Jeff, Thanks for getting back too me, all my information came from the build sheet I think I've got the rears taken care of the front springs still working on but thanks again, Joe

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2023, 08:18:55 PM »
let's see some pics.
5F09C331248