Author Topic: 67 Shelby GT500 Fuel line hoses from fuel log to carb and band clamps  (Read 1538 times)

Offline supersnake

From the factory, was fuel line hose run from the fuel log to the carb or was there any hard line run in between?  Were clamps used on both ends?  What types of clamps were used?  I can't find a thread about this topic nor good closeup photos out there to help me out.  Thanks.

Offline supersnake

Re: 67 Shelby GT500 Fuel line hoses from fuel log to carb and band clamps
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 03:47:41 AM »
This is one of the better photos I have found and it looks like it is only fuel line.  Let me know what the correct clamps would be here and if they were on the top and bottom of the hoses.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 04:00:05 AM »
From the factory, was fuel line hose run from the fuel log to the carb or was there any hard line run in between?  Were clamps used on both ends?  What types of clamps were used?  I can't find a thread about this topic nor good closeup photos out there to help me out.  Thanks.
A short piece of 15/16 fuel line hose was run between the fuel log and the carbs on a 67 GT500. There were two markings on the hose's used during production. One style was a solid white strip down the middle and the other was a "GAS GAS " marking on the hose down the middle of the length. The hoses were secured with a pinch crimp type band clamp like what was used at the gas tank sending unit. The clamp did not have a dimple pressed into the crimp section of the clamp like many current repro's. I hope this helps.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline supersnake

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 09:20:38 PM »
Perfect.  Thanks!  I had the Gas Gas Hose and put that on today.  I have some of the pinch style clamps as well so I replace what I have on there now.