Author Topic: New Repro - Mustang metric (km/h) speedometers  (Read 686 times)

Offline gaertner_jan

• Mustangs Switzerland
New Repro - Mustang metric (km/h) speedometers
« on: November 22, 2014, 04:49:06 PM »
Hey Guys and Gals,

It's been about 2 years in development and tooling loops but all's well that ends well. My first concours quality reproduction metric speedometers are now up for sale at http://www.hub-raum.ch/store/c3/km%2Fh_Tachos.html

Over the years I was able to round up original metric speedos of almost all model years. As they're rare as chicken lips and true concours reproductions can't be had anywhere I decided to look into making my own repro. But I wanted it right, so just a metric dial face wasn't going to cut it! I spent countless hours searching for and designing a gearing solution that would allow me to convert standard odometers to kilometers. Many more countless hours were then spent on exactly digitalizing the original dial faces in order to make films for the screen printing process. As I'm writing this, the newly tooled gears in test speedo #1 have spooled past 20'000 kilometers with no signs of wear and I feel confident they'll also reach 50k or 100k with no problems.

So what sets these speedos apart from any others available out there (not going to name names, but rest assured I examined them all...) is the perfect, screen printed dial and a real metric odometer conversion.

At the moment only the 1966 model is available in the web shop but 1969/70 Standard Interior Speedos and 67/68 Speedos should be available before end of the year.
The site is only in German and shipping options for US, Canada or OZ are not available online yet, but if anyone is interested shoot me an email to info@hub-raum.ch

For what it's worth: the proceeds of speedo sales will be used to finance the restoration of a 68 F-100 which a friend and I will restore together with a group of teens from "difficult" backgrounds. They're itching to get started so I hope we can sell enough to recover the tooling costs and finance the shipping of the truck and some parts within the next few months =)

Regards, Jan
There's no replacement for displacement!
http://www.mustangschweiz.ch