Author Topic: Dynacorn Taillight Panel 1965 Coupe  (Read 1158 times)

Offline suskeenwiske

• 214-347-3628
Dynacorn Taillight Panel 1965 Coupe
« on: August 01, 2015, 05:55:17 PM »
Since Ford Tooling Taillight Panels are currently unavailable and not having been able to find a NOS Panel that isn't ridiculously overpriced, or even a good used one, I thought I'd try a Dynacorn Panel. Very disappointing...NOT EVEN CLOSE ENOUGH to attempt any hammer and dolly work. The lines are not at all crisp, bends and angles are incorrect, gas cap area is raised, not flat. There's more but no point. Lesson learned...no repro's for me, only NOS and originals.

Ray
Ray
1965 Dearborn Coupe
6 Cylinder, AT, PB, PS, AC
Est. Build 23A

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Dynacorn Taillight Panel 1965 Coupe
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 10:24:22 PM »
Have you considered a good used?

Might get lucky and find one dated correctly for your car.

Others here can share their experiences with both choices
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Smokey 15

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 11:01:34 PM »
 I don't know where you are located, but I have had good luck with C T C AutoRanch in Denton Texas. I have had parts shipped to Michigan and have not been disappointed with quality or price.

Offline suskeenwiske

• 214-347-3628
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 02:11:12 AM »
I'd be happy with a good used panel. CTC is about an hour from where I live, have been there 3 times and was called picky for wanting date specific parts...not my first choice. I won't write them off entirely though on the off chance that desperation starts creeping in. Can't wait to hear what they have to say when I tell them I need a January pre-18th of the month Panel.

Thanks

Ray
Ray
1965 Dearborn Coupe
6 Cylinder, AT, PB, PS, AC
Est. Build 23A

Offline Smokey 15

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 11:26:19 AM »
 I didn't even know there was a date code stamped on them!  Maybe, if you explained to them just why you need the particular dated parts, they would understand (unless you already have).  Most of the cars I do are resto-mods so date codes are not important. On my '69 Z/28, I have been acquiring correctly dated items, including glass, so I do understand.