Author Topic: I picked up a box of loose ford NOS parts at an auction  (Read 1846 times)

Offline rnegless

I picked up a box of loose ford NOS parts at an auction
« on: July 11, 2021, 07:47:42 PM »
I think most of this is pre mustang stuff.  Does anything mustang jump out at you.
68 San Jose 390 GT 4sp 3:25 Decor 12/29/67

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
Re: I picked up a box of loose ford NOS parts at an auction
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2021, 10:15:52 PM »
I see 2 underdash courtesy lamp brackets and a 69-73 fuse buss extender (yellow 3 pin female plug). 
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline krelboyne

• West Coast Classic Cougars
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2021, 11:33:59 AM »
1969-70 emergency brake switch, wiring mounting tab for alternator harnesses. Lot of it is 'other' than Mustang, Ford parts.
Scott Behncke - Carcheaologist
West Coast Classic Cougars
503-463-1130
1968 GT/CS 302-4V San Jose 05B
1968 Cougar XR7 Dearborn 09A

Offline K-HESS

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2021, 11:53:05 PM »
  I see some NOS and also some of it looks to be used. Remember just because it's in a Ford box doesn't mean it hasn't been used. A lot of times the new part is taken out and the old part is put back in the box. Always check for wear or usage marks. Really need to put these in an order and number them so it would be easier for us to identify them for you.

At the bottom right there are assorted glove box lights-button with a bulb on the other end and a short power wire. When you open the glove box door (1965-68) there is usually a pre stamped hole in the metal dash for these lights to mount so adding them is easy to do. They look to be from different years and different car lines. The switches with the light in a black mounting bracket (between the two bulb collections at the top right) are map lights that were mounted under the passengers side dash and were commonly used in the Fairlane/Torino bodied cars 1968-71 (easy to find for sale on eBay). Small black tube with red dot lens in center which has two wires with white pin ends is most likely a rear defroster indicator light. In the center of the picture seen with the purple wires is a 1967-68 floor console storage area light with plastic lens. The flasher and door open lights are more of an accessory item which usually requires drilling a hole in the metal dash for installation. The orange wire looks to have a C6OB part number so I would check a Fairlane parts book.       
The Little Devil-1969 Mach1 9T02Rxxx666 Built 10/21/68
A5-Raven Black, 3D-Dark Red Clarion Knit Vinyl, 4-Speed