Author Topic: 1967 Sport Sprint Engine Decals and correct location  (Read 3554 times)

Offline Gene67SS

1967 Sport Sprint Engine Decals and correct location
« on: June 20, 2015, 01:39:28 PM »
I have a 1967 Sport Sprint 2 door hardtop coupe. C-289 2v V8, Springtime Yellow, black crinkle vinyl, standard interior. The car was built in the San Jose, CA plant on June 12, 1967 and has all California smog equipment still installed.

The car has the following Sports Sprint options hood vents with recessed turn signals, white wall tires, full wheel covers, bright metal rocker panel moldings, chrome air cleaner, vinyl covered shift handle, automatic transmission, power steering, power brakes, and factory air.

Can someone tell me the correct decals that should be on the car and where should they be mounted on the car. I would also like to know where to get a good set of correct decals. There are seveal kits available, but not sure if they are concours.

1967 Mustang Sport Sprint Coupe 289 Auto, AC, PS, PB, CA Smog, VIN: 7R01C220775, Door Tag : 65A 8 2A 12F 72 0W
1967 Mustang Sport Sprint Coupe 289 2V, Auto, AC, PS, PB, CA Smog, VIN: 7R01C220775, Door Tag : 65A 8 2A 12F 72 0W

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Re: 1967 Sport Sprint Engine Decals and correct location
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 03:27:03 PM »
Welcome! What a very thorough list of details and options, we rarely see that much from most of us, let alone a new member!

Always good to hear about another 67 coupe out there that is being cared for at a Concours level of interest. IMHO, far too many get swallowed up over time becoming "parts donors" for the "more desirables"

I cannot anwer your questions though I am sure you will get an answer soon. I was simply impressed with your introduction to the site.

Again, Welcome,
Richard
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline dave6768

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 01:43:05 AM »
I can tell you the last two items are not part of the package and I don't think the tranny or power steering are either.  The only SS specific decal is the Sports Sprint decal on the air cleaner lid.   Everything else would be as usual.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 10:34:54 PM »
First welcome

Second - we normally do not recommend anyone buy a decal kit. Way too many decals that are not original or needed for your car. You'll see this mentioned in other threads.

Not allot of decals to get. Some suppliers make better ones than other suppliers. If you buy the "concours" one that area listed that way in the major catalogs those are normally the better IMHO of the two

1- Service decal

2- Air cleaner decals

And the replacement air filter decal - not sure if its being made commercially

3- Battery inspection decal - correct one is not available commercially

4- Engine ID sticker

5- In addition to decals you will need/have a heavy paper label stapled around the condenser wire at the voltage regulator
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Gene67SS

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 07:47:35 PM »
Jeff and everyone else that replied to my question.

I have gone through Jeff's list and have some questions about the Decals that I have found on the web. I have been looking at ECS Automotive Concepts, are their decals considered "Concours"?

I seem to not be able to insert pictures in my reply, not sure if it is a Mac issue or just me, so I have created a .PDF with responses to each of Jeff's items with pictures.

Hope the .PDF attachment works.
1967 Mustang Sport Sprint Coupe 289 2V, Auto, AC, PS, PB, CA Smog, VIN: 7R01C220775, Door Tag : 65A 8 2A 12F 72 0W

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 09:23:49 PM »
+1   Often ECS Decals will be listed under "Concours" in many reseller's catalogs

Responses to your attachment. Might want to check some of the threads about hosting and posting pictures.

- FOMoCO replacement parts is not correct IMHO for your application and year

- Battery Inspection decal you will get by ordering will not be the correct decal/sticker IMHO nor marked correctly for a San Jose car. Deduct for this all the time PM me and I'll help out

- Engine ID decal - ECS's information on their site does not match original cars I've seen. Should be deducted for it being attached to the coil bracket if you show the car. (ADDED LATER)  without some documentation. There is one car I have pictures of as reference that is likely a very early car where the decal was applied like a 66. This would not be considered the norm for 67 but needed to post that possibility for other very early 67 owners of small block cars

- The label at the voltage regulator is a red heavy paper tag.  The dist wire label can be added if you would like

- Sine you have a later 67 the brake/master cylinder decal would be a good item to add. Would not use the one marked ESA-....... but the C6 version instead given your build date

- Didn't realize that we were covering the trunk also

Yes the jack instructions - The one you included is fine, have seen the -D style used on cars built just after your car was assembled but you should be ok with the -B

The small jack decal is another good addition

« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 10:31:11 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Offline IndyFive-O

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 09:26:30 PM »
Jeff,

I also have a 67' Sprint Coupe, would the decals you listed apply to all 67's?

Welcome Gene, from another Sprint owner! Mine is a 289 / 3 speed, Candy Apple Red
1967 289 Coupe "Sports Sprint"
2007 GT/CS

Offline KevinK

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 12:19:40 AM »
Jeff,

Welcome Gene, from another Sprint owner! Mine is a 289 / 3 speed, Candy Apple Red

I suspect mine is one as well. 289, ac, auto.
MCA #33800, Gold Card 3rd Gen
BAMA Member
67 Coupe, 69 Coupe, 74 Coupe, 84 SVO, 84 GT Turbo, 86 GT, 88 McLaren, 89 LX Sport, 03 Mach 1, 07 GT500, 14 GT/CS

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2015, 01:47:44 PM »
Jeff,

All - no since some will change based on time of year and engine size - others will change location based on where and when they were built ;)
Jeff Speegle

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2015, 10:32:59 PM »
Notice - did change/added to my #5 reply after recalling on out of the norm example I have pictures of. Sorry can post a picture since its part of a "can't post"  collections I have access to, but did want to offer an outside possibility for a few owners if you can document it
Jeff Speegle