Author Topic: '67 Deluxe Seat Back Color  (Read 1221 times)

Offline BlueOval

'67 Deluxe Seat Back Color
« on: August 08, 2015, 02:40:15 PM »
Hello All,

I've searched the forum but to no avail.  Does anyone know if the deluxe seat backs in a '67 with Black interior were plain black (the color they were molded in) or were they painted a satin or the dark charcoal metallic like most of the interior parts ?

Thanks for any help,

Jim
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 04:16:19 PM by BlueOval »

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: '67 Deluxe Seat Back Color
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 04:21:53 PM »
Hello All,

I've searched the forum but to no avail.  Does anyone know if the deluxe seat backs in a '67 with Black interior were plain black (the color they were molded in) or were they painted a satin or the dark charcoal metallic like most of the interior parts ?

Thanks for any help,

Jim
Jim ,for a black interior the seat backs would be the black plastic. If you have to re finish them in some way then paint them a satin black so they look like they did when they were new. Do not re finish them in the dark charcoal metallic like other items in the interior The side trim pieces and kick panels were the same un painted black.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 04:24:12 PM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Online ruppstang

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 06:33:06 PM »
+1 Marty

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 07:43:20 PM »
+2 and if you have a console, satin black also...basically if it was molded plastic and your interior is black, all plastic parts wouls be black (satin black SEM if refinishing)
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 07:46:18 PM »
If you don't have to - DON"T paint them. Can bring about other issues and up keep later
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline BlueOval

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 08:45:59 PM »
Thanks to all, I truly appreciate the info.

Anyone have any success in restoring the seat back and lower trim plastic to a new look without painting them  ?  If so, I'd be very interested in the process they used.

I'd also be interested to know if anyone has attempted to restore the seat backs & lower trim that have missing portions.  I can see that epoxying broken pieces back together and painting could be a tedious task but doable, I just wonder if fabricating missing sections is possible and at the same time matching the grain.

Thanks, Jim