Author Topic: '67 fastback quarter panel extension vs. coupe/convertible  (Read 1992 times)

Offline socalgt

'67 fastback quarter panel extension vs. coupe/convertible
« on: March 03, 2016, 10:35:51 PM »
Is the difference obvious between the one for the fastback as opposed to coupe/convertible?  I'm looking for one for a fastback and it doesn't seem easy to tell...(I don't have the part numbers to compare)

1967 eight barrel

Re: '67 fastback quarter panel extension vs. coupe/convertible
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 10:38:58 PM »
They don't interchange, I can tell you that much. What side do you need? My neighbor had a set from a '67 I believe. I can ask him if you're in need.

-Keith

Offline socalgt

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 10:51:02 PM »
Kieth.....I just read that a fastback piece has the numbers 63 in it....I need an original passenger side for a fastback.  I'm putting an original ribbed panel on my car and the passenger side extension interferes with the end of the panel on that side.....looks like it was bent and straightened out at one time.  The driver's side fits fine.

Thanks....

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 01:41:59 AM »
I'll go see him Sunday. If he still has them I'll let you know. They sat on the shelf in his garage for years, and I don't think he'll have an issue with cutting them loose.

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 06:35:23 AM »
Is the difference obvious between the one for the fastback as opposed to coupe/convertible?  I'm looking for one for a fastback and it doesn't seem easy to tell...(I don't have the part numbers to compare)

Easiest way to tell the difference from images alone that do not describe is the face edge where the molding might mount. (I call this a boomerang molding) The Coupe & Convertible molding is somewhat equal in lengths of the edge. The fastback, the horizontal side of the boomerang is noticably longer.
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 09:11:42 AM »
Yup, the trunk molding continuation would be another clue...

Offline socalgt

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 06:43:51 PM »
I'll go see him Sunday. If he still has them I'll let you know. They sat on the shelf in his garage for years, and I don't think he'll have an issue with cutting them loose.
  I really appreciate it, but I found one on Ebay, which has the holes for the molding that I also need.  Thanks again!

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 07:07:56 PM »
Anytime. Glad you located one.
                                            -Keith