1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1967 Mustang

67 Select-Aire Vacuum Hoses, Routing, Markings & Connections

<< < (9/9)

jwc66k:
I found a similar clip in my junk box. I believe the part number is 358362-S, as shown in the 67 Electrical Assembly Manual, AM0018 pg 76, and is used on A/C equipped Mustangs (all engines) from 67 thru 70, but I have found no supporting documentation, drawings or specs. If someone can measure the "grip" and overall length that would make identification easier. Pictures later. I have some appointments this morning first.
Jim

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: 67gtasanjose on July 24, 2017, 12:00:06 PM ---Many Ford products uses this item & can be found in Salvage yards or donor cars. A person could make one too out of tin and the plastic-coat products out there but you would need original specs to do that. ...................

--- End quote ---

+1  In many cases the metal strap will need to be restored and recoated if you find one. For Dearborn applications in the 69+ years it can often ben caught up in some of the firewall coating /sealing pattern

jwc66k:

--- Quote from: jwc66k on July 24, 2017, 01:00:16 PM ---I believe the part number is 358362-S, as shown in the 67 Electrical Assembly Manual, AM0018 pg 76, and is used on A/C equipped Mustangs (all engines) from 67 thru 70, but I have found no supporting documentation, drawings or specs. If someone can measure the "grip" and overall length that would make identification easier. Pictures later.

--- End quote ---
Two  pictures of what I have. The area where the hole is has been twisted, probably in removal. There is a small step as shown in the above installed drawing. The mounting hole diameter is 5/16 inch dia, the steel is 0.050 inch thick. Other measurements are as shown in the pictures. The installation in the referenced manual shows a screw, 42067-S8 (10-12X1/2hex) and washer, 44711-S8 (9flw, 0.198-0.208 in dia) are used. That combination indicates a compensation for the 5/16 inch dia mounting hole.
Jim

196667Bob:
In order to help direct this thread back to more of its original Topic (67-68 Select-Aire Vacuum Hoses, Routing, Markings & Connections), I offer the following attachments for your information. Unfortunately, it doesn't offer sources for the striped hoses.

Bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version