Author Topic: Olson Hill Ford - Kearney Nebraska  (Read 1616 times)

Offline toohey

Olson Hill Ford - Kearney Nebraska
« on: June 20, 2010, 09:29:19 AM »
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to find what happened to the Olson Hill dealership (looking to see if I can add to the history of my Mustang which was purchased there). I've been searching the internet without much success. All that I've managed to find out so far that their old address, 2020 First Ave Kearney is now the public library, and has been since around 1973.

So if you can fill in the blanks......................

I was also wondering if anyone has ever seen a "Olson Hill Ford" licence plate frame.  I'd like to find a pair to finish off a restoration, but don't know if they exist?

Once again
Thanks for all your help

Matt
Dearborn 68.5 CJ

Offline roadrunner

Re: Olson Hill Ford - Kearney Nebraska
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 08:47:02 PM »
You might try the Kearney, Nebraska Chamber of Commerce to see if they have any history on the dealership. If that doesn't work, you might be able to research the newspaper archives for Kearney. I wouldn't even rule out contacting the current Ford dealer there. There might be someone who can shed some light on the history of Olson Hill Ford. There might even be someone at another dealership in Kearney who would know what happened to Olson Hill Ford. I wouldn't rule out the local high school there either. There usually is someone in the history department of the school that can be of assistance. Sometimes you can find some contact information for a community anywhere in the world be doing a search on line for the community that you seek information on. Just some suggestions on where to start.

Offline toohey

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 11:58:46 AM »
Thanks Roadrunner,

I had tried the local newspaper archivies, no success.  But I hadn't thought to contact the current Ford dealership, that's a great idea, I'll let you know how I go.

Matt
Dearborn 68.5 CJ

Offline outlawincorporated

• Kangaroo Herder
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 06:26:34 AM »
MATT.
Welcome to the forum glad there are a few Australians now on board.

regards.

PHILL  BERESFORD.
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.
ITS ONLY EVER ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!

MCA GOLD CARD JUDGE 1ST GENERATION.  MCA #68589

Offline toohey

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 10:27:30 AM »
Thanks Phill, Its a great site. I don't post that often but have learned plenty by hanging around in the background.

Matt
Dearborn 68.5 CJ