Author Topic: '67 Deluxe Lower Seat Trim -- Repro Panels any Good  (Read 1775 times)

Offline drummingrocks

'67 Deluxe Lower Seat Trim -- Repro Panels any Good
« on: September 10, 2016, 08:49:51 PM »
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the reproduction lower front seat trim for a deluxe interior.  I have the complete original plastic piece and the stainless trim for the RH side, but I only have the stainless for the LH side. 

I saw where NPD sells the trim panel, part no. 67186-7-1A, but they have none in stock.

I found this eBay listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mustang-Seat-Frame-Covers-Deluxe-Lower-LH-1967-California-Pony-Cars-/191849393101

Has anyone had experience with these pieces?  I figured the driver's side piece takes a lot of abuse, and with it being made of plastic, there's probably not too many decent originals out there that don't cost a fortune.
Too much junk, too little time.

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Re: '67 Deluxe Lower Seat Trim -- Repro Panels any Good
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 09:30:41 PM »
You can get the reproduction ones to mount but they do not fit very well. I've tried the seat backs too, they fit much worse. I've since purchased all original pieces (spent a small fortune) but I wouldn't use the reproduction  ones if you absolutely don't have to.
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline Fastback2013

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 05:37:36 PM »
Hello Drummingrocks,

I have had the pleasure/opportunity that I could buy an original from a nice guy here at concours ;-)
And I must admit that Richard is completely Wright that they do not compare at all
If you're interested, I can sell you that repo part and less at that price.
PM me if you're interested
Kind regards,

Jeroen
San Jose 7R02C1708xx
Fastback GTA
built on 01/12/1967

Offline drummingrocks

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 05:54:41 PM »
Hello Drummingrocks,

I have had the pleasure/opportunity that I could buy an original from a nice guy here at concours ;-)
And I must admit that Richard is completely Wright that they do not compare at all
If you're interested, I can sell you that repo part and less at that price.
PM me if you're interested
Kind regards,

Jeroen

Thanks!  PM sent.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 04:52:03 PM »
Do they reproduce both versions (early and late for lack of better terms)?  I'm guessing only one
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline drummingrocks

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 05:09:10 PM »
Do they reproduce both versions (early and late for lack of better terms)?  I'm guessing only one

I didn't even know there were two versions.

Offline 67gtasanjose

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 06:24:51 PM »

Not that I am aware of. The ones I tried a few years ago were fiberglass, formed off of the LATER version (sorta) The originals have "bosses" on the inside of the mounting screws to level the curvature of the trim piece to the brackets, the re-pops DID NOT have these bosses, another issue is that the fiberglass is MUCH thicker than the original plastic so getting the Stainless Steel trim to bolt down requires grinding the fiberglass at the trim mounting studs down to cereal box cardboard thin...not ideal really. THEN, they fit poorly once screwed into place on the seats. (alignment to the upper section is off because they only LOOK right in an eBay listing) ONE WORD: JUNK
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline 67gtasanjose

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 08:06:47 PM »

Interesting fact regarding the DELUXE LOWER seat trim scheduled change-over date...
Osborn Assembly manual showing updated version with the side screw & "T" bracket dated as 10-10-66 which supersedes 7-11-66 so this would indicate the plan went into effect Mid-October for the later design.

I have started another thread for further discussion about the change-over date(s)
http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=14419.0

« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 08:44:07 PM by 67gtasanjose »
Richard Urch

Offline canadianmustang

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 12:56:24 AM »
Tony D Branda sells fiberglass pieces as opposed to the plastic version
I think this would be a better option than NPD