Author Topic: steering box markings  (Read 979 times)

Offline m.b.spuur

steering box markings
« on: December 27, 2016, 06:20:50 PM »
hello are there someone there  know what the color shut be on the markings on the steering box. i can see the markings have been there butt the color is gone

thanks

1969 F code coupe
 plant. sanjose

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: steering box markings
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 06:58:59 PM »
What are the yellows identifying the type of box on the tag or what is the application?
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline m.b.spuur

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 07:12:11 AM »
I have the tag here 😊

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 07:26:21 PM »
I have the tag here 😊

Thanks

first be aware that there is a good chance that the box was blacked out from above with a sloppy big brush with black paint - covering most if not all of the marks. We can't, at this point prove that this was done on all San Jose 69 Mustangs

From other examples I've found a big (covering 90%-100%+) of the end press in plug

A blue mark on the main body of the steering box. Blue is similar to engine blue or slightly (very slightly) lighter. Looks possibly sprayed heavy. One location on other boxes with the same identification just above the casting/engineering numbers (C7xxxx) on the large section of the main body. Don't forget the red dyed mounting bolts ;)

Given your application you would also have a yellow stripe on the pittman arm nearer to the steering box attachment point
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline m.b.spuur

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 08:31:45 PM »
Thanks jeff for the help 😊 Do you have any pictures of a box where the markings is On just too see how it shut lock