Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Misc Items

NOS Rally pac?

(1/2) > >>

gjz30075:
Hi all,
Just curious as to why this rally pac went for over $600
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290451932697&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

I don't see a "Ford" word on the face of the tach.    Were there some rally pacs that didn't have the "Ford" on the face of the tach?   Besides the aftermarket bullet connectors on the wires, I need some words of wisdom as to whether or not this tach is oem.   No, I didn't buy it.

Here's a pic for when the ebay item goes away.

Thanks.

rockhouse66:
Greg - this one baffled me too!  I have two Rally Pac tachs, one of each design using the diffferent increment marks, and both have "Ford" on the face.  I don't know what this one is.

The bullet connectors, taped wiring and fact that the tach needle isn't at zero all add up to this piece being far from "NOS".  The clamp screws look funky too.

JKWilson:
WHY did it go for $600? Because there's a sucker born every minute....especially on Ebay! I saw the listing too (when it was still active). +1 on it being far from NOS. It was pretty fishy! :o

outlawincorporated:
i asked the seller for some further images and some questions that would answer the question once and for all whether it was actually a original or a repo unit.  didnt get a response.
so as far as im concerned all my questions where answered without a response.
i have a NOS in box piece and it didnt look like the one i have.

lets just put it down to a learning experience for a buyer from ebay

regards.

PHILL  BERESFORD.
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.

JKWilson:

--- Quote from: outlawincorporated on July 18, 2010, 01:23:45 AM ---lets just put it down to a learning experience for a buyer from ebay

--- End quote ---

Sadly, an unfortunate and somewhat expensive lesson. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version