Author Topic: 1969 engine Blue  (Read 1539 times)

Offline m.b.spuur

1969 engine Blue
« on: January 12, 2017, 06:45:37 PM »
Hello is the Ford corporate Blue the Right Blue for a 302 engine.

1969 F code coupé
San José

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: 1969 engine Blue
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 08:02:19 PM »

1969 F code coupé
San José
Different paint MFG's have shades that are closer then others. Ford Corporate Dark Blue is a better description . There is a much lighter blue that is still commonly confused with the correct darker shade . What brands are available in your area/country?
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 01:10:33 AM »

Yes - but as Bob mentioned they are not all created equal so just because they say Corporate Blue on the label or description don't assume that the tint or tone will be like the original. Durability is an other consideration that has been mentioned in many threads about the subject here on this site with catalyzed two part paint that is sprayed from a gun the best

Search will provide some suggestions if your going that route (paint brands and codes) or suggestions for the rattle can route. ;)

Also make sure you understand just what made up the engine assembly at the time it was painted for your particular application. What was painted and what was masked off.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline m.b.spuur

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 05:08:03 PM »
My engine was painted Black, and there was nothing Blue under the Black paint i could use too identify. Butt i have a original air cleaner box where inside there is the original Ford Dark Blue paint. Butt there is a Company there have Been mixing This Ford Dark Blue for me. And they was use the paint inside in the air cleaner box too mixing the Color

i was trying too use This Dupli Color de 1606 Butt i have Been getting a better result when i use the paint gun than the spray
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 07:38:00 PM by m.b.spuur »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 10:13:42 PM »
My engine was painted Black, and there was nothing Blue under the Black paint i could use too identify. Butt i have a original air cleaner box where inside there is the original Ford Dark Blue paint.............

If your referring to the finish and color of the inside of the air cleaner shown be aware that its been repainted and appears it may not to be the original paint nor color
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)