Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Parts

Autolite Battery 24 trouble

<< < (9/9)

BKnapp:
Would the 1967 24F have the Autolite stamped on the side? I know both of my cars would have had a heat shield and no one would ever see it, but it would be nice to know in case I ever run across one😊.

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: BKnapp on February 19, 2019, 08:50:50 PM ---Would the 1967 24F have the Autolite stamped on the side? I know both of my cars would have had a heat shield and no one would ever see it, but it would be nice to know in case I ever run across one😊.

--- End quote ---

Believe that the base has the AUTOLITE cast into the long sides but don't have a picture of a 67 version of the 24 from the side or one setting on the shelf  ::)

Andre Romein:

--- Quote from: rrenz on February 17, 2019, 04:41:36 PM ---I just finished up a little project for my 66. Couldn’t sell myself on a repro battery that didn’t look correct anyways. I took an old topper and shaved down the raised portion then made a few decals with the wife’s vinyl printer. Brand new exide under all that. Couldn’t be happier to have reliability and a reasonable factory appearance.

--- End quote ---
How did you shave of the raised part? I'am also interested in buying a topper or just a sticker from you. Greetings Andre Romein

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version