Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Parts

Autolite Battery 24 trouble

<< < (2/9) > >>

gjz30075:

--- Quote from: 67gtasanjose on March 27, 2017, 05:19:15 PM ---You NOW have what is known in the Mustang world as a Mazda Miata battery case. You should be able to find a thread (at this site) on how to gut the case and install the Miata battery inside...or buy another repro and hope for the best ;)

--- End quote ---

Agreed.   Here's a nice writeup by Jim Woods
http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=5719.0

Ralf:

--- Quote from: gjz30075 on March 31, 2017, 09:25:28 AM ---Agreed.   Here's a nice writeup by Jim Woods
http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=5719.0

--- End quote ---

Thx for the link.

Attached another 2 pictures. I can not see that there is anything broken off.
The cap itself as well as the lid has a thread.....
Still wondering.
Btw. didn't charge the battery for a week, still on 12.5V

5F08KGT:
I got tired of the $300 Mazda Miata Batteries, I bought an EXCIDE battery at HOME DEPOT (Group 24F) (THESE batteries have the gusset for using the factory '65 hold down.
 I then bought a GREAT, very authentic TOPPER and am very satisfied with it and don't show my car anymore in MCA Concours.

The EXCIDE Group24F is right around $100 at HD.

Ralf:

--- Quote from: 5F08KGT on October 25, 2017, 11:19:26 AM ---I got tired of the $300 Mazda Miata Batteries, I bought an EXCIDE battery at HOME DEPOT (Group 24F) (THESE batteries have the gusset for using the factory '65 hold down.
 I then bought a GREAT, very authentic TOPPER and am very satisfied with it and don't show my car anymore in MCA Concours.

The EXCIDE Group24F is right around $100 at HD.

--- End quote ---

Did almost the same, bought a battery where the repop Autolite Staful lid was fitting precisely. Great working battery and from a visual point of view good enough for me.

Morsel:
This is a repro, I have the exact same one that actually is supposed to be a direct copy of the originals that you fill with acid, I still have mine in the box and never activated it... I got this back in the late 90's. They came out a couple years later with what everyone else is talking about above which replaced these as a more current and better choice for a repro battery (maintenance free). This one you have didn't do so well in the market and I believe they aren't even made anymore for this exact reason, they don't last and are weak to begin with...

If you want this exact replacement, you can buy my brand new one that's never been activated, haha...

Hope this helps...

Jason

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version